[New release] NI Accessibility Helper for MASCHINE MK3

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

We're happy to announce that the very first version of NI Accessibility Helper is now available for all owners of MASCHINE MK3 and MASCHINE+.

What is NI Accessibility Helper tool?

Designed to help visually impaired beatmakers, the new NI Accessibility Helper app enables users to hear touch-triggered audio cues that read out the controls they're using - from encoders, pads, to screen-menu items. The app also provides a degree of in-app help and orientation over the hardware, which are triggered via computer keyboard input.

It is a dedicated app that runs alongside any native accessibility features, which means we can continue to deliver Accessibility-focussed improvements without needing to make changes to MASCHINE software. It will soon be available for use with more NI hardware devices.

The NI Accessibility Helper will be available to download in the coming days, so make sure to check your Native Access.

The development of NI Accessibility Helper wouldn't be possible without the knowledge and expertise of musicians from the visually impaired producer community - with special thanks to Andre Louis, Tim Burgess (Raised Bar), Jason Dasent, and Chris Ankin.

Read this blog article to find out how our developers are working to make our instruments accessible to all:

Learn more about accessibility in NI products:

Thanks again to the active visually impaired producer community for your help in making this app a reality.

Tagged:

Comments

• Lenron
    Lenron Member Posts: 6 Member

Thanks for finally making this happen. I know it has been a long time coming. At first I wondered how having a separate accessibility client would be a good thing, but now I see the logic behind it. Especially because of the fact updates can be made with out having to make updates for maschine or any other software that comes down the pipeline. Can't wait to get my hands on my Maschine.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,261 Expert

Can I ask if it is planned to be an universal app also for the other kontrollers? (some of them have already the Accessibility functionality built in, like kk keyboards)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,261 Expert

Thank you for the answer

• coppin
    coppin Member Posts: 1 Member

hello what are the requirements for osx ?I can' acmes 2,17 because osx 10 14 6

thanks !

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member

Accessibility would also be improved by adding an API that you can script assistance and workflow enhancements with.

Visually impaired users need audio cues and narration of values on knobs etc, there could be users with motor function issues who would like to make music and might want to use assistive devices.

I think a general open ended API like bitwig’s controller API would really let the maschine community add their own enhancements for maschine users.

For example users who can not use keyboards or controllers like the maschine mk3 might really enjoy interacting with and creating music using their own interaction styles. I could script such things right now in bitwig with its controller api. I am thinking of interfacing things like web cams and eye tracking devices for people with mobility issues.

Warren

• BongSong
    BongSong Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello.

At what point do we contact support if the NI Accessibility Helper still has not landed in our Native Access. A week, a month? Nothing here yet.

• Audio Therapy
    Audio Therapy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same here. Program is still not available as of 4/28. Is there a more specific date of release?

This discussion has been closed.