KK lost NKS third party plugins after upgrading

DistantMem
DistantMem Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi, after the upgrade to last version, my KK complete lost all NKS third parts (es Arturia) in pluglist I can open the plugs without presets library and so on, there's a fix? I tried to reinstall, clean etc etc, but no way, seems there's a strange hidden file somewhere that block me to rescand and reset everything from the app! Also tried to downgrade without success!!

please help me :) thx in advance!

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    Answer ✓

This is a migration issue - you don't need to rebuild your database or reinstall anything. Wait for Arturia to update their NKS versions to support VST3 (which is coming) and in the meantime run KK in rosetta mode if you really need the NKS versions or just run the plugins directly.

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

Reinstalling won't make difference anyway - wait till Arturia release the updates they are working on or run KK in Rosetta mode in the sort term

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @DistantMem What is your operating system? Do you have a M1 Mac ? Do you get an error message?

• DistantMem

Hi, 12.6.3, M1 Pro, no error messages...the NKS files are in the right directory but no one loaded, had to reinstall (again) all from scratch....

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

@DistantMem And everything is functional after the reinstall? Next time you might be faster to reset Komplete Kontrol's database by deleting this folder:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

This is a migration issue - you don't need to rebuild your database or reinstall anything. Wait for Arturia to update their NKS versions to support VST3 (which is coming) and in the meantime run KK in rosetta mode if you really need the NKS versions or just run the plugins directly.

• DistantMem

Ill explain what I do, I normal upgrade to the last version without read infos, the result was, I lost most of the old Intel stuff (because KK moved to native M1) with that I got ALL my NKS complety reset (no one loaded) except NI....so, I downgrade to 2.7 without success, still no third part NKS loaded. After a few reinstallation I didn't get any result. I had to reinstall most of the third part I have (es, Arturia, u-he and so on) and magically all back in the right position, at this point Q is, there's a konkret way to reset something to get that all back without reinstall NKS third parts?

thx in advance!

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

Reinstalling won't make difference anyway - wait till Arturia release the updates they are working on or run KK in Rosetta mode in the sort term

• DistantMem

I already downgrade, and reinstall again third parts NKS....I cannot wait!!!

Q is, there's a konkret way to reset something to get that all back without reinstall NKS third parts?

• DistantMem

I mean, for the future...no need now!

• Kymeia

Nope but there was no need to downgrade - you could have just run KK in Rosetta to get the same functionality back

• Kymeia

There you go Arturia NKS VST3 update is now out

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/v-collection/update

• DistantMem

Seen, thx a lot!!!

• Jeremy_NI

@Kymeia Thank you so much for sharing the news!

• Jeremy_NI

Damn! They also added MPE support and microtuning to more synths. Arturia's on fire!