Audio Output Issues

irondeau
irondeau Member Posts: 6 Member

I've gotten a bit stuck while trying to use my recently purchased Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2. I'm trying to route the output of my keyboard to my computer's speaker output. Here, I use the WASAPI driver outputting to the Realtek Audio device.

In this screenshot above, you can see that I've played a note by the volume meter at the top-right corner of the window. Yet no sound was produced by my laptop's speakers.

I've also tried using the ASIO driver as shown here with no success - once again using the Realtek Audio output device.

I want to use the keyboard without a DAW because I want to avoid the extra overhead as I'm practicing different pieces.

I appreciate any and all help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• irondeau
    Answer ✓

Just installed [FlexASIO](https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO) and sound works perfectly now. I have no explanation for why this ASIO driver works over ASIO4ALL. Here's the working TOML config:

backend = "Windows WASAPI"
    bufferSizeSamples = 512

[input]
    device = ""

[output]
    device = "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)"
    suggestedLatencySeconds = 0.0
    wasapiExclusiveMode = false

Latency is 22ms according to Komplete Kontrol software. If I set the wasapiExclusiveMode to true, it is reduced to ~10ms, but sound from other applications does not work.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

In your screenshot output 1/2 are set to an “unplugged” destination, prob the headphone jack. You needed to change the “Speaker” outputs set to 3/4 to the 1/2 output… that’s why there is no sound. Prob the same when Asio4All was configuring outputs to use too.

Answers

• Dan McHugh
    Dan McHugh Member Posts: 5 Member

Is your Realtek Audio output correctly selected in Windows Control Panel?

• irondeau

Realtek is the default audio output, and I have selected it. All other sounds work fine.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

Your should try WASAPI "shared" setting so KK isn't conflicting with windows related audio requirements. I find they play nicely together only when I use this setting.

• irondeau
  • irondeau

I've messed around a bit in Maschine 2 trying to see if I could get a separate application to output audio to my computer speakers. Still the same issues as described above - the application is correctly receiving input from the keyboard, but no sound is heard.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

purchase a audio interface that has decent asio drivers.

• irondeau
    Answer ✓

Just installed [FlexASIO](https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO) and sound works perfectly now. I have no explanation for why this ASIO driver works over ASIO4ALL. Here's the working TOML config:

backend = "Windows WASAPI"
    bufferSizeSamples = 512

[input]
    device = ""

[output]
    device = "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)"
    suggestedLatencySeconds = 0.0
    wasapiExclusiveMode = false

Latency is 22ms according to Komplete Kontrol software. If I set the wasapiExclusiveMode to true, it is reduced to ~10ms, but sound from other applications does not work.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

In your screenshot output 1/2 are set to an “unplugged” destination, prob the headphone jack. You needed to change the “Speaker” outputs set to 3/4 to the 1/2 output… that’s why there is no sound. Prob the same when Asio4All was configuring outputs to use too.

• irondeau

Your suggestion seems to have worked. I would have assumed that left and right outputs on 1 & 2 would have been replicated on outputs 3 & 4, so I didn't think to switch them around. Thanks for your insight.

• JesterMgee

Wouldn't replicate, can only have a single output assigned to a single slot. How it configures depends on the interface and I/O so now you know, always chech and take note of what is mapped to out 1/2