Absynth is dead

MATAKAO
MATAKAO Member Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Today, 7th september, one of the most incredible synth is dead, sad day, it's disappears from Komplete 14 bundle. Any official NI statment about this news.... what's the next killing: battery, fm8, reaktor ? No more soundbanks, make some new vst synths. Angry. 🤨

Tagged:

Comments

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

Stick to Komplete 13 if you're so keen on it. Problem solved.

No company in the world can endlessly drag products along, and support them for all eternity.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,003 Guru

Disappeared from the bundle - according to who? What's your source?

If NI haven't made a statement yet about Komplete 14, who says your source is correct?

Also, just because it's (allegedly) not in the bundle, doesn't mean the synth is dead. It just means it's not in the bundle.

It also does not mean that other products are (or will be) "killed".

Assuming you've already got Absynth from an earlier bundle or individual purchase, its alleged absence from the new bundle will not remove it from your hard drive.

• chk071
    edited September 2022

"Disappeared from the bundle - according to who? What's your source?

If NI haven't made a statement yet about Komplete 14, who says your source is correct?"

It's not listed in the description on vendor's sites already listing Komplete 14.

The issue is, though, that people don't get why companies can't just support software for all eternity. It makes zero sense to include Abysnth in Komplete 14, when it doesn't receive updates anymore, and can't be installed or run on Apple M1 or M2 computers (or receive bug fixes, if there are issues on either OS).

And, again, you could just keep Komplete 13, if Absynth is so important for you. You'd have to buy Komplete 14, and not the upgrade, yes, but, that way you can keep Absynth.

And, I especially don't get this ANGRY frustrated nonsense again about NI discontinuing everything now, just because a very old niche product is discontinued. People should do a reality check.

• PK The DJ

What "vendor's sites"? Who's to say their info is correct anyway, when the product is not yet released?

FYI we are not all running Apple M1 or M2 chips. Many people use Windows computers, or Macs with Intel CPUs.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Sweetwater, or so....

Absynth will be usable on Win for long years.... On Mac? By, by soon......

It was not probably feasible to make it AS compatible, so.... EOL. But those who have it already will be able to use it.... Unless NI will remove licence authenticitation for it, one day....

• MATAKAO

"And, I especially don't get this ANGRY frustrated nonsense again about NI discontinuing everything now, just because a very old niche product is discontinued. People should do a reality check."

I don't understand this principe of "marketing" reality, sorry, Absynth were in a lot of blockbuster movies soundtracks and soundesign (cf Matrix trilogy, Avatar, for example).. not really "old niche product". I don't like your aggrisve words too, NI is a big company, not a happyfews or geeks club: thanks. The problem is that company turns into a big soundbanks presets factory, no problem, yep i thinks it's not for me anymore. The two majors "old niche" products are alive: Kontakt and Reaktor, all the other deads, normal? maybe, maybe not. That's the question. "It makes zero sense to include Abysnth in Komplete 14" For you maybe, but for other "old niche" users than you, are you really sure ? You can search on wikipedia about absynth creators (Brian Clevinger for example) and users and you will see that very good things that we can do with that old socks...

Developpment of Absynth is stopped... so no GUI hidpi, no ARM support and other Windows or Mac support for the future.. that's the problem for "some" old and new users and we can talk together here, isn'it ?:) we can use some huymor too for talk.

"No company in the world can endlessly drag products along, and support them for all eternity."

Bad new, maybe the pinciples of "reality check" that wins at the end (is this the end?) ....of this "eternal" world.

• chk071

Then you will have no issue running Absynth at all. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to include products in upcoming Komplete versions which are not supported anymore.

I was wrong above, by the way. Even if you upgrade to Komplete 14, you get to keep everything which was in your former Komplete version. So, what the OP writes is a complete non issue.

• PK The DJ
    edited September 2022

I see now that the Absynth product page on the NI web site has been removed, so it's no longer available to buy as a new product. Still no issue for anyone that already owns it (as I assume OP does).

A quick Google will find a K14 product page ready to go on the NI web site (edit:see above), also a K14 video from NI on YouTube, along with a playlist going through all the new additions.

I've just added up the individual prices of the new additions, and an upgrade is well worth it.

• MATAKAO

Thanks PKdj, so Absynth 5... is the last version... so long, so far.

• PK The DJ

22 years is quite a good life span.

• MATAKAO

Not enough :)) In memoriam and keep your old CPUs. https://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/absynth.php

• MATAKAO

"So, what the OP writes is a complete non issue." Hey Chk071!!, you means ..."a Komplete non issue" :)) Joke, joke !!!! Matakao the Ip-OP !

• MATAKAO

Thanks Jeremy, for your response that is honest and peacefull one. Absynth is a great piece of Native Instruments history... some users ignore that .. nevermind it doesn't matter. I hope that N.I will continue to creat new and visionnary instruments, and not more formating soundbanks anymore. The N.I golden age (end of nineties to 2010, and beyond) was really exicting to discover your products at each Komplete. I'll continue to use Absynth on my productions and music, as this good old Kore 2. Very challenging to use with modern MAC/ PC setup, but semtimes it's works, sometimes it's crash. Reaktor, Battery and FM8 M1 support is a good new. All the best. less angry ;) Mat'