Traktor X1 MK2 mapping for Favorites

TJoerg
TJoerg Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi everyone,

at my old X1 mk1 I used some buttons to select specific favorite-playlists.

I tried to map the x1 mk2 but couldn't find assignment for f1; f2;...

Did they remove the function or where is the mistake?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Once you have set up the Selector and assigned a control element to it and selected Type of Controller: Button and Interaction Mode: Direct, you can assign the specific Favorite for it under Button Options (Favorite 1 to Favorite 12).

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

I tried out every command in every permutation on every controller i own. There is no manual going into depth, except some 'tutorials' for very specific combinations. You could check traktorbible. Or have a look at the search function on the DJTechtools forums. I got a lot of stuff there 10 years ago. The basics of the controller editor haven't changed since then so the info you find there is still good.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh

Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Device: X1Mk2 (default) --> Add In... --> Browser --> Favorites --> Selector.

Activate 'Learn' and press the button you want to activate the favorite slot. Be mindful of the touch-sensitive controls, or don't use 'Learn' and select the control manually from the dropdown menu.

• TJoerg
    edited August 2022

Thanks for your help but this is what I already found.

I’m looking for the next step how to select the single favorites one by one, one button for each fav.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Once you have set up the Selector and assigned a control element to it and selected Type of Controller: Button and Interaction Mode: Direct, you can assign the specific Favorite for it under Button Options (Favorite 1 to Favorite 12).

• TJoerg

Great! Thanks!

But now I tried to add-out the LED to show status which fav is selected, but I cannot find it :-/

I'm using the "Mode" and "FX1-3" buttons.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2022

In the controller manager, select the control (In) assignment you just created and press the button "Add Out ...". A dropdown menu opens and you select the topmost line saying "Selector". This creates the LED output assignment.

• TJoerg

Thanks but this is what I already found.

I'm looking for the settings after this. I really tried it out but no effect but dimmed lights on every LED

• Sûlherokhh

Try the following:

• For Favorite 1, set Controller Range to Min:0, Max:0, Midi Range to Min:0 Max:127, do not check Invert, do not check Blend.
    • For Favorite 2, set Controller Range to Min:1, Max:1, Midi Range to Min:0 Max:127, do not check Invert, do not check Blend.
    • For Favorite 3, set Controller Range to Min:2, Max:2, Midi Range to Min:0 Max:127, do not check Invert, do not check Blend.

etc.

It's possible, that for values Min:0, Max:0 you will have to check Invert. But maybe not.

• TJoerg

So cool! Thank you so much!

But where to find such informations??

I checket the TRAKTOR and the X1 manual. Best thing for me was the mapping-tutorial-video, but none of them went that deep into the topic.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

I tried out every command in every permutation on every controller i own. There is no manual going into depth, except some 'tutorials' for very specific combinations. You could check traktorbible. Or have a look at the search function on the DJTechtools forums. I got a lot of stuff there 10 years ago. The basics of the controller editor haven't changed since then so the info you find there is still good.