Traktor Kontrol S3 - Audio Quality on Large Soundsystems

liquid perception
liquid perception Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi there, Im wondering if Traktor Kontrol S3 is appropriated for playing on open-air large soundsytem events. I know that it fits perfectly on clubs in terms of performance and audio quality, but is there any lack of audio quality response with big soundsystems?

2º question:

Using the S3 and his soundcard connected to a single channel on the main mixer will affect the audio quality of S3?? (image of the mixer is on the bottom of this post: Pioneer DJM900NX2)

3º question:

On that same open air event, can the use of different type of cables enhance the audio quality? I mean, i will connect my S3 to the main mixer (Pioneer DJM900NX2), using XLR for example cable will be different in termos of audio than connecting with RCA?

PIONEER DJM900NX2

TRAKTOR KONTROL S3

Tagged:

Comments

• Punky921
    Punky921 Member Posts: 5 Member

I can't speak to the Traktor S4 Mk3 on a large open air sound system because I haven't tried that. But remember that your file quality will also have a ton of impact on sound quality. Make sure you have high quality files and that's half the battle right there.

Balanced outputs will deal with interference better, and they tend to be louder. If it's possible, always use balanced outputs, either TRS or XLR.