Anybody else having Komplete Kontrol CC data issues with Monterey?

Musical Whiskey
Musical Whiskey Member Posts: 5 Member

I recently updated to Monterey (had to in order to make use of my GPU in Blender), and now whenever I try to use the knobs to control parameters inside Komplete Kontrol, they aren't being picked up by Logic (they're not working in Luna either so it's not exclusive to Logic). They'll register while I'm playing the instrument, and the key/mod wheel data gets picked up, but the data from the knobs isn't being recorded for some reason. I can still map them to parameters through MIDI mode and they'll work, but just not in the Plug-In mode. Anybody else having issues? NI, are you currently aware of this? I have the last Intel 16" MBP and am running Monterey 12.4. I've reinstalled Logic and Komplete Kontrol with no success. I'd appreciate any help.

Best,

Jake

Best Answer

• Musical Whiskey
    Answer ✓

I found out my issue. (User error, of course.....)

I went ahead and took a screen grab of the solution from NI:

Answers

• Musical Whiskey

I have an open Support Ticket with NI and will let you know what I find out.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Is everything working as expected in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to both Logic and Komplete Kontrol : How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Does it fix the issue ?

• Musical Whiskey

Thanks for the response Jeremy,

KK standalone works fine. I have removed and re-gave Full Disk Access to both programs as well as deleted plist files and restarted the computer with no success. I should also mention that when trying to record KK knob data into a daw, a small empty midi region is created for a moment and then vanishes in the daw timeline whenever it detects the incoming knob data. I'd appreciate any other ideas.

Best,

MW

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, I see you are already in contact with my colleagues with this, hopefully they will find a resolution for this.

• Musical Whiskey

Thanks Jeremy, I would like to share this YouTube link demonstrating the issue and would still appreciate any helpful info. https://youtu.be/n7L_7k69gpE

• Jeremy_NI

@Musical Whiskey To be honest I actually never saw anything like this. I'll check with my colleagues from support.

• Musical Whiskey
    Answer ✓

I found out my issue. (User error, of course.....)

I went ahead and took a screen grab of the solution from NI: