Mute Pad Tracks?

emfresh
emfresh Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Maschine

In the Maschine Software after you make patterns then duplicate these patterns... you can mute the pads or pad tracks... with out effecting the other patterns.(thus easily creating different variations)

How do you do this on the Maschine +.

selecting notes is hard as hell... I wish this screen was touch...like the Akai MPC Live II.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru
    Answer ✓

Please explain what you're doing in the software. Mute state isn't saved per pattern.

You can automate audio mute or volume, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

Answers

• Antarikhya Mohapatra
    Antarikhya Mohapatra Member Posts: 6 Member

Use choke groups, which chokes out the sound of the pad after another pad is played (assuming both pads are part of the same group)

• darkwaves
    Answer ✓

Please explain what you're doing in the software. Mute state isn't saved per pattern.

You can automate audio mute or volume, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

If I understand what you are asking , in pad mode, press the mute button then the corresponding pad you want to mute. for pattern switching, in pad mode, press the pattern button then press the pad for the pattern you want to play...

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

If you are in the events editing mode you can select all notes easily, it's a button offer the right screen if i remember correctly, then delete all notes. You can also use the replace function (press replace and record) to replace a part with nothing. I prefer the first method.

Uwe

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

As mute states are never saved per pattern, my guess is OP is talking about activated/deactivated audio modules on pads which is the only thing you can kinda mute/unmute per pattern.

If that is what you are trying to do, use the step sequencer to activate/deactivate pads with Audio modules per patter

• emfresh
    emfresh Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2022

Thanks for your reply...

@darkwaves

Sucks!

Can do it in software but not on the maschine plus in standalone mode.

Should have saved the $800 in cash and Got the Mark III. Maybe there is still time to take it back to Guitar center.

• darkwaves

I really like the way mutes are handled with lock states. In fact; I love everything about lock state except that I can't sequence them.

I mean; I get it. They're for performance and I'm not sure how I'd want to even see it implemented as something we could sequence; but I want to sequence them anyway. lol

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

How do you mean, you can do it in software? Mute pads per pattern? That would be interesting news to me...

• darkwaves

This is what we're confused about. For example; you have a drum kit and the kick is on pad 1. You have a pattern playing the kick. You duplicate it and pad mute the kick. That's not saved in the pattern. Go back to another pattern and your kick will still be muted.

Maybe you're talking about the audio module that @Murat Kayi mentioned. Maybe audio mute automation. Maybe lock states. You can pretty much do anything on M+ that you can in the software (it's basically just a little computer running the software). What is it that you're doing in the software?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022
    emfresh said:

Sucks!

Can do it in software but not on the maschine plus in standalone mode.

Should have saved the $800 in cash and Got the Mark III. Maybe there is still time to take it back to Guitar center.

No, you can't, Patterns never saved Mutes in any version of Maschine, you're probably confusing Mutes with deactivating the Audio Plug-In (Loops) like others have mentioned, if that's the case then you can activate/deactivate a Pad the following ways:

1. (Fastest:) Go to STEP Mode and just press the Pad, it will toggle the Audio-Plug on/off - unlike Mutes this is saved within a Pattern.
    2. Or use any other method of adding/removing notes like using the EVENTS Menu 
    3. Or just press Play then hold the Erase button and press the Pad.
    4. (There's a 4th method that for the life of me I can't remember, it's not on the manual neither)

The above works because the Audio-Plug has sort of an invisible MIDI note to activate it even in Loop Mode so anything that works to remove or add a note will work on a per Pattern basis. 

• mojo88
    mojo88 Member Posts: 1 Member

At a seminar in NYC several years ago, I witnessed a workaround to emulate a mute-record functionality in which the artist had made their own Reaktor ensemble that would record a specified midi note. I browsed around the *Reaktor User Library and may have stumbled upon something similar and recently made which might be a step towards the results you're looking for. It should be applicable to both M+ hardware and Maschine software. Granted you likely will need to spend some time along with trial and error in developing routing that suits your workflow. I would suggest creating an FX group with a few channels for this very purpose and then routing potential targeted sounds into said channels and record the corresponding midi note to turn the mute on/off. *(see URL below)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13997/