How can you zoom into a waveform in Traktor LE 2?

chensational
chensational Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Very out of date I know, but I re-discovered my old decks and wanted to have a play. I've been trying to set some beat grids up but for some reason I can't zoom in/out of my waveform using the below buttons. Just want to know if I'm going crazy or not as I can't find any info about why this could be happening - most other questions about this reference the fact that the +/- can't even be found, not that clicking on them doesn't work. Any ideas appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• chensational

Forgot to mention above - I'm running Mac OS 10.13.6, Traktor 2 LE 2.11.3 17

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

One option is to assign zoom commands to your keyboard in 'preferences-->controller manager'. Open your keyboard mapping, add the command 'Add In --> Track Deck --> Waveform Zoom Adjust' Type: Button, Interaction: Inc, Resolution: Fine, Auto Repeat: Yes. Assignment: Deck A. Map this to (for example) +(Plus) and then duplicate it for decks B-D. Do the same for 'Interaction: Dec' and map it to -(Minus).

This is no explanation why you can't see the controls on the screen, but this way you can control the zoom anyway.

• chensational

Hey, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I can do that - I can get to 'controller manager' but all of the buttons to add keyboard shortcuts are greyed out:

Any ideas why that may be?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

I would assume this is a limitation of the L.E. Can't say really.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @chensational it's indeed a Traktor LE limitation. Here's a comparison chart for reference.

• chensational

Ah, shucks. I remember being able to do it! Maybe I'm making it up. Thank you both for your help!