Kontakt 8 speculations and questions thread

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,851 Expert
    edited September 2

@MLARS

"It was not long ago Kontakt 7 was released. Some users have large templates, a Kontakt release should preferably be 4 years apart (or more). Migration in large templates is an issue. With shorter release schedule I question what features we are getting, still no full GUI scalability is available. Short releases can be perceived like NI are just milking customers for more money"

What is the point of this rant? Kontakt 7 isn't going to suddenly stop working over there.

If you do not like Kontakt 8 (or it's release schedule decisions) - don't buy it.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

VP

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 78 Member

will 360 users get Kontakt 8

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 70 Member

I actually liked kontakt 7? I see the now you cannot select your library on the side panel.. where as older libraries would show.. in komplete control you can't see old libraries and there thumbnails are blank folder icons.. I don't about this one.. I was hoping for komplete kontrol app to get the needed fixes such as chord assistant.. we will see ..

• Daru925
    Daru925 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 3

I hope kontakt 8 either improves scanning my old libraries properly in the new browser, unlike 7 (ie the trombone 3 and some old libraries) and/or keep the old rack system, where they are still detected and displayed…

• Daru925
    Daru925 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 3

@Vocalpoint hes asking for a better way to migrate huge templates from kontakt n to kontakt n+1.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,851 Expert

Is that what it was?

I guess there is a normal, reasonable way to open that discussion.

This was not it - at all.

VP

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 95 Helper

one of the biggest features I miss!! the drag and drop of KK!

• Amo Nova
    Amo Nova Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I'm really excited about kontakt 8, and what I'm wondering is if you'll update the Play ASSIST feature in the S3 midi keyboard at the same time as you update Kontakt 8!l update Kontakt 8 with the Play ASSIST functionality in S3 at the same time!

• anotherbreed
    anotherbreed Member Posts: 15 Member

I completely agree, improving the GUI would be one of the first priorities at this point, especially if they are releasing a major update. It looks blurry on Windows when using HiDpi settings for example, and it's the only one plugin which does that.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,435 mod
  • daslicht
    daslicht Member Posts: 4 Member

Is the whole GUI, inclusive the Editor of Kontakt now scaleable ?
    And what about Battery ?

• Narc
    Narc Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello ! First post on this forum.

I bought Kontakt 7 two days ago, and I suddenly learned yesterday that Kontakt 8 will be released soon !?
    K7 is only a year old, no ?
    Will I have to pay to get the update ?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,270 Expert
    edited September 3

@Narc Kontakt 7 was released on September 27, 2022 actually. Kontakt 8 is supposed to land on September 23. So, it's been (almost) two years.

Perhaps there is some sort of grace period for you, but you will need to contact NI's support to inquire about that.