Massive X: Error Loading Preset called Coal Mine (MASSIVEX-2826)

Fensch
Fensch Member Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Hi there

I've got an Error Message Mechanix Expansion Preset : Coal Mine ( see picture )

Can anyone confirm this ?

Massive X 1.4.0 under Maschine 2.15.1 Win 10 pro

Greetings

Tagged:

Comments

• ALX
    ALX Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2022

Yes and i can´t load 3rd Party presets.

1.4 might be buggy?

win 11 in Cubase 11 pro

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2022

There is something weird happening with that file, I get the same error if I try and load it using Massive X's browser, but if I load it in Komplete Kontrol it loads fine - since both MX and KK are loading the same file the problem mustn't be the file itself but some kind of incompatibility with the new browser, perhaps a version issue?

• Kymeia

Another example is Mechanix/Chordinating

• Kymeia

btw if you load it via Komplete Kontrol, resave it (which puts it in user) then copy it back into the original folder and rescan, that fixes it

• ALX

Thank u!

I will try with my "corrupt" files.

The reason is the lableing. The files need type and character lables for the new browser.

Maby NI can make an "else" order in the file browser

• Kymeia
    edited May 2022

I don't see how that is the case because you can't actually save patches with Type and Character tags, that's still a huge limitation of the new browser, and yet my user patches load fine without them, they just only show if you have no filters selected (in a long list of user presets). Besides if you check this patch in KK it does actually have a Type (Percussive)

As I said if I load one from KK browser and then resave it this seems to fix the problem, only the file is now in the User section of course. However I tried copying one that I had fixed back into the original folder, overwriting the broken file, but then I get the same error message about 'Type not found' even though it's the exact same file that loads from Massive X User section and KK's browser. So it's not the file, there seems to be some difference between how the 2 panels work - hmm maybe on reflection the Factory side does require Type AND Character tags but not the User side. That would explain things a bit, as 'Chordinating' didn't have any tags originally, but then 'Coal Mine' did (but only Type as I recall, not character)

• Kymeia
    edited May 2022

Looking at this further, it looks like if I resave the preset 'Chordinating' in Komplete Kontrol and add more detailed tags to it, it retains any Type and Character tags I give it but it removes the Bank name! If I then copy this into the Factory/Mechanix folder it does load but in Massive X it still doesn't have any tags in the MX browser but in KK it does! Clearly there are some fundamental discrepancies between the 2 systems that need addressing here.

It makes me wonder if this is a consequence of creating a browser (in MX) that requires tagging to be done in an additional app (KK/Mas) that itself uses a different browser and older code. On top of that the whole question of how banks are organised by NI with defined names seems to be obfuscated and I suspect this may be because there is yet another app (Native Access) involved in this rather than all things - tagging, bank names, saving/loading and organisation, being done within one consistent browser and save interface.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Jeremy_NI Any known issues with this preset ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Yes, it's been reported already. It seems to happen for a few presets and on a few expansions. It will be fixed within an update of the expansions themselves, which will hopefully be soon.

• ALX

But that does not help to load Custom Presets, that now not loadable...☝️

• Kymeia
    edited May 2022

I found that the broken ones do load through Komplete Kontrol and once resaved load in Massive X again

I agree that it isn’t just a matter of fixing a few presets though - the underlying problem is probably teething issues with the new browser, hopefully these will also be fixed

• cymbals
    cymbals Member Posts: 1 Member

It works here but my Massive X is out of date (1.3.6). Maybe I won't update after all.

• Kymeia

It's really only a very few patches not working and they are fixable, the upgrade is well worth it for the speed improvements as much as the beginnings of a usable browser

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey all, there is an update for the Mechanix and Moebius expansions that should fix this issue, it's available now in Native Access: