the screens no longer change on Komplete Kontrol when I change Plug-in.

Triczine
Triczine Member Posts: 5 Member
edited August 26 in Komplete Kontrol

since the last update the screens no longer change on Komplete Kontrol when I change Plug-in. I have to close the screen and reopen it for it to appear

can you help me

Answers

• Guy Celette
    Guy Celette Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

same problem and some instruments are unusable.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 843 Guru

I think there is a reported bug being worked on that only affects Mac users on a certain OS release level on a certain DAW. It's been discussed on this forum several times if you want more detail. However that's only a screen refresh situation and has nothing to with instruments being unusable from what I understand.

Without knowing those kind of things it's going to be hard for anyone here to give you and relevant info.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,435 mod

It looks like they are unusable though as you can move any controls or even see the right gui without forcing the screen to refresh

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

Could it be this issue? It's just the GUI which is very very slow to load (up to several minutes):

• Kymeia
    edited August 26

Refresh the screen and they should work unless it isn’t the same problem :)

Easiest way is by just moving between 2 desktop spaces

If it is the same problem the issue is the instrument itself is loading and playable from the keyboard but the gui may be showing a previously loaded instrument or appear frozen with nothing moving but the problem is just a graphics glitch - annoying but not unusable

• el_profe
    el_profe Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 29

Hi

Same problem here. Just move a blank window over the KK interface and that's it. Annoying? Very much, especially if you use it in a live situation. At home, I can cope.

I think it's an overlay problem that has something to do with the screen.

If you change from the keyboard, there's no problem

• bradni
    bradni Member Posts: 1 Member

For me this only seems to happen with Kontakt based instruments. If I change between, for example, an Ashlight preset and a preset from Sample Logic's Cinematic Guitars, the gui does not update. Changing from a Kontakt preset to a non-Kontakt instrument, or between two non-Kontakt instruments works as expected. I'm using a M1 laptop running Sonoma 14.6.1.

• Kymeia

Yes it is just Kontakt instruments

• lucantastic
    lucantastic Member Posts: 3 Member

It's clearly a bug that's been there since the beginning, NI and Apple not understanding each other, I think it's incompatibility at MIDI level, since the MIDI Monitor of Apple also shows the keyboard as frozen when this happens.

The keyboard is amazing with NI instruments standalone but unusable in LogicPro, very frustrating. I'm giving it another month or so until the next macOS releases, if the problem is not solved I'm selling it and move to Arturia.

• Kymeia
    edited August 30

This is nothing to do with Logic, it occurs in the standalone and all hosts, the problem is a graphics issue with Kontakt patches inside Komplete Kontrol and it is only a recent bug, not 'since the beginning'

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@lucantastic Your issue does not seem to be related to the one mentioned in this thread, I would suggest to create your own thread with as much info as possible, like OS, Logic version, model of keyboard, etc…YOu can also contact support, it seems you didn't reach out about this issue: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

• cdion
    cdion Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 31

same problem here …. With komplete kontrol 3.3