Is Battery 4 32-bit only?

Coucho
Coucho Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Native Access

Hi all,

when I look at my available updates it lists Battery 4.2. However, it says "Native Access could not find the 32-bit plugin for Battery" and that's absolutely correct because I don't want to use 32-bit plugins. So why do I get this update? Is it somehow mandatory to install this to be complete?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Actually, that error indicates that the 32 bit plugin is "not" installed". The 4.2.0 update removed the 32bit support so NA thinks it is missing due to an installer error that does not properly update the registry (I assume you are on Windows, correct?)

To clarify, by default NA installs all plugin types available regardless of whether you want them or not...which many users have requested be changed.

Anyway, there are two ways to get rid of that message, #1 completely uninstall and reinstall Battery (just the program, not the library, or look for the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\Battery 4

if there is an entry for "InstallVSTdir" that points to the 32 bit install path (you can find that in NA), delete it...disclaimer...mess with the registry at your own risk!!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Actually, that error indicates that the 32 bit plugin is "not" installed". The 4.2.0 update removed the 32bit support so NA thinks it is missing due to an installer error that does not properly update the registry (I assume you are on Windows, correct?)

To clarify, by default NA installs all plugin types available regardless of whether you want them or not...which many users have requested be changed.

Anyway, there are two ways to get rid of that message, #1 completely uninstall and reinstall Battery (just the program, not the library, or look for the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\Battery 4

if there is an entry for "InstallVSTdir" that points to the 32 bit install path (you can find that in NA), delete it...disclaimer...mess with the registry at your own risk!!!!