Hatredkeys
Hatredkeys Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Device: Macbook Pro M1

Installed software:

Logic Pro

Native Instruments

Komplete Kontrol

I have installed everything I think is needed. But when I connect my control it doesn't seem to connect. It does say Midi mode but thats it. The Kontrol is also not being found within Komplete Kontrol and Logic Pro.

I also added the serial number to Native Instruments but I can't seem to find it back even though it is added to the list in my account on the Native instruments website.

I have to use a connecter ( Apple USB-C Digital AV multiport adapter) inbetween since my Macbook doesn't have a USB input.

If more information is required I'm happy to share it. This is driving me crazy after spending the whole day on it.

Best Answer

• Hatredkeys
    Answer ✓

No idea why. But I've connected the Komplet Kontrol to my regular pc and when it was found and I reconnected to my MacBook my MacBook has found it and it is working perfect.

Thanks all for the ideas and comments!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

What kind of "Connector" are you using if there is no USB input?

• Hatredkeys
    edited April 2022

Hey @Blindeddie ,

I use a Apple USB-C Digital AV multiport adapter.

But I have tried to connect it to my Windows desktop. With a straight connection and it is found by windows

Checked the firmware and that is also up2date

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Jeremy_NI Could it be the adapter messing the connection here or is there something else we could check?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Well, not so sure about the connector but a few things to check. Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also check the steps in this article:My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

If none of this fixes the issue, it might be the adapter, it can be self powered, so what if you power the adapter ?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited April 2022

@Blindeddie Yes I know the M32 is bus powered, I'm just trying to figure out if this adapter is the problem here and if it gives sufficient power. It is a common cause of devices not being recognised. Unfortunately I don't have one of these adapters at hand. I was told that this adapter had a USB C connector to power it, but after checking out, this connection is actually to power the laptop while using the adapter.

Still, to be sure it's not a power issue coming from this adapter, I assume you only have 2 ports on the Macbook @Hatredkeys Is your Macbook connected to power when using the M32 ?

• Hatredkeys
    Answer ✓

No idea why. But I've connected the Komplet Kontrol to my regular pc and when it was found and I reconnected to my MacBook my MacBook has found it and it is working perfect.

Thanks all for the ideas and comments!

• dinopesNI
    dinopesNI Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

In my case it was a problem with the Device I had selected under Audio options of Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol.

I solved this problem by going to settings (works in both Kontakt or Komplet Kontrol) and then set Built-in as the Device.

I had selected Microsoft Teams Audio (I guess that device comes from the Microsoft Teams app)