M32 keyboard wrong pitchbend assignment in Logic Pro

Kendall Simpson
Kendall Simpson Member Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have a NI M32 keyboard. I am running Logic Pro 10.2 on an older Mac mini.

Everything has worked well except that I have messed up the pitchbend on the M32.

The M32 (pitchbend) works totally fine on my Mac Book Pro. I was trying different controller assignments (on Mac mini) and I think I have somehow lost control/reassigned the Pitchbend.

What is the best way to reset this controller to its original settings? The Logic Pro controller DELETE option says “Do you really want to delete all selected devices permanently?” (can’t UNDO). That kind of scared me away. I really feel that I can the pitchbend back if I could execute the right reset.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Wolinger
    Wolinger Member Posts: 19 Helper
    Answer ✓

“Do you really want to delete all selected devices permanently?” (can’t UNDO), this sounds kind of creepy, but normally you have a way to reinstall the device, no device is permanently erased making reinstallation impossible or as a "one-time install", so it resets the original assignments to the factory defaults.

You may also have to reinstall your Logic Pro so that I can reset it too, unfortunately software poorly installed or with old installation records, end up conflicting and several bugs appear. Post some screenshots reporting the problem to make it easier to solve and help you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Kendall,

Does the pitch bend work normally in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ? Is it only in Logic ? If it is only in Logic, deleting your user preferences should do the trick:

1. In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created
    2. Quit Logic Pro.
    3. Navigate to: Macintosh HD > Users > User Name > Library > Preferences
    4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. 
    5. If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file. 
    6. Restart your Mac.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Answers

• Wolinger
    Wolinger Member Posts: 19 Helper
    Answer ✓

“Do you really want to delete all selected devices permanently?” (can’t UNDO), this sounds kind of creepy, but normally you have a way to reinstall the device, no device is permanently erased making reinstallation impossible or as a "one-time install", so it resets the original assignments to the factory defaults.

You may also have to reinstall your Logic Pro so that I can reset it too, unfortunately software poorly installed or with old installation records, end up conflicting and several bugs appear. Post some screenshots reporting the problem to make it easier to solve and help you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Kendall,

Does the pitch bend work normally in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ? Is it only in Logic ? If it is only in Logic, deleting your user preferences should do the trick:

1. In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created
    2. Quit Logic Pro.
    3. Navigate to: Macintosh HD > Users > User Name > Library > Preferences
    4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. 
    5. If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file. 
    6. Restart your Mac.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

• Kendall Simpson
    Kendall Simpson Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi Jeremy,

It worked! I thought I took care of those preferences before but this I followed your instructions carefully and all is good. BTW, it was entirely an issue in Logic as other stand alone plug-ins worked perfectly with the M32 pitchbend.

Many thanks!!! Kendall😊