Non M1 native plugins (battery4) work in Logic without starting in Roesetta? Why use rosetta?

Jblogg
Jblogg Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hello friends! Just curious if there is any downside to using NI what logic in native m1 mode. everything seems to work fine without following the steps to launch Logic in Rosetta? Mac OS 12.01, 14' MacBook pro with m1 pro

Anyone else experience this?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

It’s good that it’s working in Native mode, but if you have any issues, you cannot get support. Basically until they deem it “Fully Compatible” if you have any issues, the answer from support would be “You have to run in Rosetta Mode.” It’s really just a “Use at your own risk” disclaimer!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

It’s good that it’s working in Native mode, but if you have any issues, you cannot get support. Basically until they deem it “Fully Compatible” if you have any issues, the answer from support would be “You have to run in Rosetta Mode.” It’s really just a “Use at your own risk” disclaimer!

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

All works for me without launching in Rosetta mode (I don’t know how to!) but I’m not a heavy user by any stretch