Can you help me help..thank you

Comments

• dreammxm
    dreammxm Member Posts: 9 Member

I have Mac OS Sonoma 14.0, Chip Apple M2 Max, Logic Pro 10.8

• ADN 01
    ADN 01 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited November 2023

This keyboard is not supported for Sonoma, as of today (09112023)

The keyboard software itself is buggy, the cooperation with modern mac os is even worse and the latest Logic PRO update makes it even worse. THis combination is not even close to being effective... :(

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

It sounds like the keyboard isn't connecting.

I think what's happening here is the USB-C issue with M1 and M2 machines.

Can you please try using a USB-C hub instead of plugging directly into the computer? That usually bypasses the USB-C issue and solves the issue you're describing.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

I can confirm that this is not true.

Mac Studio M2 Ultra, MacOS 14.1.1, latest version of all NI software and the keyboard works.

The software is buggy for sure, Komplete Kontrol frequently causes kernel panic system crashes. And yes I know I'm not running the approved MacOS version, but I upgraded because Kontakt 7 was causing kernel panic crashes when I was still on MacOS 13.x so I figured well it's not going to make it worse?

So you may have a defective keyboard, a defective USB-C keyboard, driver issues, but the keyboard is compatible with Sonoma.

• dreammxm

Thank you for your comments, as far as I am concerned I would have liked to update but my keyboard is not recognized by the installer. It works randomly, the Stop, Play and Rec buttons don't always react. Do you know if there is a way to reset it?

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but:

I think what's happening here is the USB-C issue with M1 and M2 machines.

Can you please try using a USB-C hub instead of plugging directly into the computer? That usually bypasses the USB-C issue and solves the issue you're describing.

Apple M1 and M2 machines have issues with USB-C. It could affect peripherals such as ours. And it would appear consistently for some, randomly for others, and the symptoms are exactly as you're describing.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod

I asked earlier but it got lost, would the powered hub built into the Apple Studio Display be ok?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

This is the issue I had with the keyboard on my Mac Studio using the NI provided cable. The browser control would stop responding but the piano keys would still work. I've swapped cables and have not had any additional USB issues since then. I'm using the cable from the Ableton Push 3, it seems like a high quality cable, it's also fairly short as well.

• dreammxm

Thank you for your answers

I changed the USB cable and everything works again !!!

This discussion has been closed.