Using Z1 to control FX and/or Filter while using Traktor Scratch with Traktor Audio 10

leopoldkristjansson
leopoldkristjansson Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I have a Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl setup using Traktor Audio 10. I would like to be able to control the Filter and/or the FX using some external controller. I have a Z1, could I use that? It does not seem to work out of the box.

Is there a better way? Maybe the X1 (mk2) is something that makes more sense?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Just map the button on your Z1 to toggle the Filter On and off.

Add In --> Mixer --> Mixer Effect On

The Filter is already assigned in Z1 by default.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Hello,

you could maybe use this as starting point or use as is: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1789

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Or this, the other one doesn't seem to work anymore

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Just map the button on your Z1 to toggle the Filter On and off.

Add In --> Mixer --> Mixer Effect On

The Filter is already assigned in Z1 by default.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor

With the z1 device, you can manage the filters digitally, use the standard mixer features, this is the production purpose. The only downside is that it has 2 channels. Since effects are a different matter, the most suitable device is the x1 device. produced accordingly. maybe in the future you can consider an f1 device with you. If you want an economical progress, you need to map to each device as it is. There is no button that can manage both the filter feature and the effect feature at the same time, which is very challenging and complex. You will always have to make 2-3 combination movements with your hand with the shift key. This is not the way I recommend it.

If the economy is viable, buying the devices builds a better ecosystem. Greetings from the country where one x1 device is a person's monthly salary :)