Kontakt 7 very very long to launch

Answers

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 40 Helper

Also Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 are always scanning some same VST on every start up in standalone, so it takes also two minutes to open them up. It’s not a great experience with their products.

• PhatMonkey
    PhatMonkey Member Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

NEW UPDATE TODAY fixes the load times, Kontakt 7 now for me loads instantly rather than 45+ seconds, lets hope they can do the same for Battery 4 :)

UPDATE: Spoke too soon, after PC restart back up to 25 seconds hahahahha

• sacer11

25 seconds would be nice for me, I have real 4 minutes with Kontakt 7 and with Kontakt 6 only 5 seconds

• PhatMonkey

Mine was originally at 1min 45 seconds, but by removing some xml files it was reduced to 45 seconds then after the new update 25 seconds but as u say Kontakt 6 is almost instant.

• pbthrash
    pbthrash Member Posts: 32 Member

Well, I am so happy that support KNOWS this behaviour. It was march, now it's june and my Kontakt 7 opens slow as hell. Congratulations NI. And I'll not write to support for sure - they was never velpful and I do not want to "try" anything (like "try to open something, delete some file" etc.) because it's stupid that user must find workarounds because some lazy programmers don't have time to fix a bug.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@pbthrash Did you try the last Kontakt update? it seems to have fixed the issue for some of the users. I don't see a ticket from you in our system related to this issue. Issues can vary from system to system, if you want to get help you can get in touch with our dedicated support agents: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

• PhatMonkey

I am starting to think the problem could be linked to some DRM protocol they have in place as it makes no sense at all, could this be the new Denuvo of the music industry going forward, hope not... 🧐

• Grymt
    Grymt Member Posts: 5 Member

Same problem here.

• sacer11

I opened two tickets in may and now answers till now. Worst support ever

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@sacer11 I found your request from May 31st, I don't know what happened here but I've escalated your case and someone should get back to you.

• davarr
    davarr Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Same problem here, i buy an update to komplete 14, put an instance of kontakt7 in a project in Reaper, and now, this project stucks in loading kontakt 7 about 30 seconds. Kontakt 5 loading times still are fine. On other hand kontakt 7, on opening gui, sometimes closes Reaper.

• davarr
    davarr Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

OK, I instaled a kontakt 7 update at 20/06/2023 and restart system and open reaper project and now it seems to open in a reasonable time.

• itronic
    itronic Member Posts: 2 Member

Quick update, still have trouble after updating to NA2 and installing latest version of Kontakt. Unfortunately, after updating Guitar Rig 6 at the same time, this also now takes 45 seconds to load. I have noticed when using process monitor that both Kontakt 7 and Guitar Rig, max out cores 2 and 3 (on an i9 14 core processor) in four alternating spikes (two on each core), as soon as these finish, the apps open, and then work without problems. I will send screen shots to support. Reaktor that I also updated at the same time to the latest version opens in sub 2 seconds. Double checked that as many locations as I can find for Native Instruments are excluded from Defender scans.

• PhatMonkey

I can also confirm this, Guitar Rig 6 now also loads slow, timed it at 35 seconds, it was instant before the update. I am starting to think they have implimented some Denuvo style protection or something that is slowing down the load times.....

• pbthrash
    pbthrash Member Posts: 32 Member

You don't like to read whole post, aren't you? I was very specific that I don't want to write to support unless I really MUST. Well, not support in general, but Native Instruments support.