Traktor Kontrol S3 + X1 MK2 and FX buttons (HELP)

AmuseerBeer
AmuseerBeer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello there,

I just bought myself a Traktor Kontrol S3 in addition to my Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2. I love the new mixer, however I have a question regarding the effects.

Let me explain the situation as best as possible.

When I plug my X1 into my laptop, I want to use it for deck C & D. I will use the S3 for deck A & B and that works fine. There are four 'FX' buttons on my X1 Mk2 and the ideal situation would be that each button represents a deck. As example: first button is deck C, second button is deck A, third button is deck B and the last button is deck D. But I can't find any way to do this.

I activated the four FX units in the settings in Traktor Pro 3, which gives me FX 1, FX 2, FX 3 and FX 4 in the software but with the X1 Mk2 it seems I can only use the knobs for FX 3 and FX 4. This is probarly because I selected the X1 Mk2 to be the controller for deck C & D. Whenever I press any of the 'FX' buttons on my X1 Mk2 there's nothing happening, except that I can use the SAME effects on channel C and A, and B and D. But this means that when I would be playing three tracks and I am using channel C and A, the same effect chain would be activated at the same time on both channels. That is not how I want to use the FX groups.

So my question is;

Is there any wat to assign each 'FX' button of the X1 MK2 to be linked to a separate deck? In this way I can use effects on each track channel. I attached a picture on the setup I would like to have. Is this even possible? Or do I need to buy a second X1 MK2 to make this happen?

(Picture for more info)

I hope somebody here has an answer for me.

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

Add In/Add Out

Mixer --> FX Unit on 1-2-3-4

Ensure to leave the factory override checked on those new commands. Good luck.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2023

Hello,

i think you need to map it yourself if you want to use 4 FX units. Maybe you find a mapping on dj tecktools website that fits your needs or you can use as base for your own mapping.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

Add In/Add Out

Mixer --> FX Unit on 1-2-3-4

Ensure to leave the factory override checked on those new commands. Good luck.