Need Guitar Rig Pro version 5

razzkazz
razzkazz Member Posts: 4 Member

I purchased KOMPLETE 13 a few years ago which came with Guitar Rig Pro 6. I am now mixing a friend's Ableton Live project and he is using Guitar Rig Pro 5. I have Guitar Rig 5 factory selection so I can load a version of Version 5, but it doesn't seem to be the pro version. The issue is that when I try to load his user presets I get a message saying "This preset can only be loaded after you activated the following product(s): Guitar Rig 5 Pro."

It's not an option to use Guitar Rig 6 as he needs to continue with the session and keep version Pro 5. Is it possible to get a license for 5 Pro because I own 6 Pro?

Best Answer

Answers

• peter verberne
    peter verberne Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2023

I don't think it is possible to transfer GR Pro presets between different computers. Keep that in mind when buying a new laptop or workstation as well.

It only works if all the path names in the presets are exactly identical. Since your friend probably has a different name than you, this will not work. Even when you own GR5 pro.

With a little patience, you try can rebuild your friend's in GR6. That would be a very good exercise! Good luck!

• razzkazz
    razzkazz Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Peter, thanks for the response. Damn, that wasn't the news I was hoping to hear. Put as I mentioned, I have been able to import his presets. I just can't open them as I only have GR 5, not the pro version.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You could try to find someone selling a GR5 Pro license on the Buy/Sell/Trade post or Ebay...

Buy / Sell / Trade — Native Instruments Community (native-instruments.com)