Komplete Kontrol plugin dropping saved state and opening blank when transferring between computers

Options
13»

Answers

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Yes, that's unfortunately the only way to work with NI stuff for me at the moment.

My Komplete 88 MKII is just a shiny christmas tree with no use for the LED's at all. Thinking of gettin' rid of it soon.

• djl
    djl Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

So sad.

Given the rather small group of users who are experiencing this catastrophic problem, I'm thinking there is probably an incompatibility exposed with the newer versions KK with some software or hardware setting in each of our local DAWs to cause this type of behavior.

I have an S49-MKII and an S88-MKI that should be so much more than a generic MIDI controllers.

Should we try to troubleshoot this parallel with NI by listing our complete DAW setups to see if there is a common parameter(s) causing this problem?

Jay

• CJ Barrow
    CJ Barrow Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey all. OP here. The problem I was running into has seemingly been resolved with the latest Komplete Kontrol update (2.9.4). Still running into other inconsistent issues with Kontakt, but the major issue of migrating from a Komplete Kontrol Kontakt 6 instance on one computer to a Komplete Kontrol Kontakt 7 instance on another is now seemingly solved. Will post if I run into any more related issues.

Took a few months but we got there! Thanks all!

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor
    Options

Hello CJ - yes that does seem to be the case. That's good news. However, I've noticed since this update that loading a project with multiple instances of KK (I generally do orchestral work) takes much longer!!! Hey ho! But for me the bust NKS following KK 2.8 is still a major complaint that NI need to get sorted out.

• MacDoc
    MacDoc Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hey, I don't know if it's the same issue. But after a complete new re-installation of my computer and Native Instruments, i now open my Reaper projects from 2021 and all KK instances forgot their instrument settings. At startup it says, that the old VST2 plugs are now replaced by new VSTi3 ones. And then all KK instances are empty.

I installed all NI software yesterday, so the latest versions.

This is my origin post: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/88134#Comment_88134

• Tonzaed
    Tonzaed Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I have this same problem when i updated my stuff yesterday! Now Komplete kontrol doesnt remember instruments in projects and they are blank in all my projects. Can this issue fixed in some way? I got the same problem before but it was fixed or i fixed it someway, i dont remember?

Now this issue occurs again, after updating latest stuff via native access. So what should i do?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Tonzaed It would be helpful to know what's your operating system, DAW, DAW version, etc...

• Tonzaed
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I have windows 10 pro, Fl studio producer edition v21.1. Im using windows 64bit version.

I have tryed to reinstall komplete kontrol and all kontakt softwares, also reloaded those plugins to fl studio.

Now im thinking to reinstall all instruments etc what i got from ni, its going to take whole day/days and i dont even know if it will fix it :d

• Tonzaed
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

I would like to revert to the last point I made. I dont want to reinstall stuff if its not necessary :d or if its not going to fix this either

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Tonzaed I don't think reinstalling will change anything regarding your issue. We'll need to have a deeper look in your issue so please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• niallharp
    niallharp Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

just firing up projects on new m1 Mac in logic (rosetta and silicon). every instance of KK is blank. if this doesn't get fixed I'm done with NI, after many many years.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@niallharp Could you give us more details? What version of Komplete Kontrol were you using before? What version are you using on the new mac? Do you know if this happens for Kontakt instruments, other instruments? Can you load any preset/instrument in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, in Logic? Do Logic and Komplete Kontrol have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Alex Niedt
    Alex Niedt Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Just discovered some projects I was working on no longer load anything in the Komplete Kontrol instances. Never, ever using this software again. With all the current major issues in NI products, there's no way I trust the company to fix this stuff properly. Truly cannot believe how quickly NI software has gone from responsive and dependable to insanely slow and completely unstable. Complete 180 in the wrong direction.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Alex Niedt Have you contacted support about it? What's your operating system? Do you have a M1 Mac?What version(s) of Komplete Kontrol have you installed? What version(s) of Kontakt are you using? When did that start to happen exactly?