FM8 size GUI

Scott Frost
Scott Frost Member Posts: 34 Helper
edited December 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Thanks for updating FM8 for M1 compatibility/

Now could you please add an option to double the size of it? I can barely see it on my M1 Macbook Pro.

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited December 2022

Scalable GUI is a high-requested feature, but most likely won't be implemented on aging products like FM8. At least not anytime soon, sorry!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,731 mod

I wonder if it is possible to replace the graphics with higher res versions?

• Absolute
    Absolute Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Agreed with sofastar. Still selling a product that is too old to be seen properly on next gen hardware compared to when this was released is like selling a phone without a charger. Please update this to where we can change the image scale. This is a great synth and it would be great to be able to see what we're doing.

• dolomick
    dolomick Member Posts: 2 Member

Please update the GUI. FM sounds are super common in bass music and this synth needs to be resizeable.

• filip pietrzykowski
    filip pietrzykowski Member Posts: 45 Helper

well....that issue brought me here, as I thought I must be doing something wrong...can't resize the GUI...

and literally, I cannot use this instrument at all, because it is so tiny...

So I know the answer now:/...

sad...I thought I will be able to use this product, as I do like FM synthesis...

NI, come on...

• vanlugh
    vanlugh Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Maybe we should create a global request to let them understand that FM8, Massive plugins are important (although obsolete for them) to be adapted with today requirements as it is still sold as new product. They should be able to update this part, which is not a big issue for programmers/developers.

It is like selling eggs... some are fresh some very old and hidden among the fresh ones in the same basket.

We are hundreds, even thousands of users who would like to use these plugins.

Nico_NI administrator

If they are obsolete it would be better to remove them from the catalogue. this to avoid misinterpretation.

Customers first😉