Strummed Acoustic latency

Philip Childs
Philip Childs Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

So I am using Studio One 5 with my NI s88 mkII on a MacBook Pro (late 2013) Big Sur 11.6.

I am attempting to record the Strummed Acoustic from Native, but every time I hit play or record the guitar will not trigger at the right time. It's always late. When I stop and just play my keyboard it has no issues with playing correctly.

I have my settings in studio one on low latency (256 device block size). I don't know if there is something I am doing wrong or what. Please help.

Best Answer

• Philip Childs
    Answer ✓

I did find a way to change the sync feature and switched it to start with key instead of sync with host. It worked perfectly. Thanks

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited February 2022

Hello,

i would guess that's normal, as far as I know it's playing guitar patterns and they are in sync with your DAW if you record or play, so it starts then maybe on the next 16th note. I learned in those situations to press the keys a bit early or correct it later. I can also install the library and check if you want, i own it but normally not using it myself. Maybe you can turn that sync off somehow, but then, as i said, the whole strum pattern woukd be off sync.

Uwe

• Philip Childs
    Answer ✓

I did find a way to change the sync feature and switched it to start with key instead of sync with host. It worked perfectly. Thanks