Which version of Komplete does the Maschine MK3 come with?

Nocasterboy1968
Nocasterboy1968 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Which version of Komplete does the Maschine MK3 come with? I have noticed it advertised with older versions at retailers in the UK. Some as old as version 11.

Do you get the latest version when you register the product or do you get stuck with the version that came with it?

Best Answer

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022

K14 Select, that's what it says on the Sound Details page.

What you get probably depends on the date of activation, whenever K15 is released people that buy an MK3 will probably get that and you get stuck with the version that was current when you activated it. Almost 100% sure but I'll tag @Jeremy_NI as he knows this stuff much better than I do.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

I pretty sure it is like D-One said. One gets the version that is current at the time of registration.

Way back at time of Traktor Pro 2, I bought secondhand D2. It has not been registered, yet. And registered it after release of TP3. And I got TP3. :-) I was happy as I did not have to buy upgrade from TP2 to TP3....

And by the way, the same IMHO happens if one transfers HW with bundled SW. New owner gets current version. And seller keeps whatever version he has received...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes you should get the latest version. In any case you can get in touch with our registartion team here: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• Dirks
    Dirks Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi, i received my MK3 today 05.April 2023 and it seems the box is from 2020!

Am i missing maybe a better hardware revision when using this one instead one manufactured e.g 2022/23 ?? I didn´t open it already... Or are there any other risks comparing with a "new" one?

• D-One

Where did you see that date?

I'm also curious about this, AFAIK the MK3 never had any HW revision, but it would be cool to know for sure

• Dirks
    Dirks Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

On the box 2020 by NI is written and it was sold with access to komplete select 11 also written on the box .

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

You will get Komplete 14 Select, now. If you register MK3 in two years, you will get, most probably, K15S.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert

Could be that the box design and everything else inside it (stuff like manuals) was made in 2020. Product packaging doesn't get updated when there's no need for it.

• D-One
    edited April 2023

If they made HW revisions they would fix the knobs issue, they never did.

Ooh... They probably only use new boxes every few years, I don't imagine them having new prints every year... Especially now when the push for not being wasteful is so strong for companies.

I got an MK3 straight from NI for winning a battle a couple of months ago and it also says 2020, coming from them i'd assume they have the freshest batches.