Pitch adjustment suggestion for traktor

FinBloke
FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

hey

I have own Traktor for ages and use it for play vinyl and scratching. I have many times stumbled upon a broblem when I beatmix with my technics that there is only 8 +/- pitch available, but sometimes More is needed and I thought that why not suggest the guys on native to perhaps add feature in traktor that would make it possible to adjust the pitch more than just what is available in my technics. SO if it's possible why would you guys make pitch adjustment in traktor which could add pitch on top of the vinyl record player so if I for example have 8+ pitch from my technics then on top of that I could add 10+ % from traktor ?

thanks

«134

Comments

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    A steeples pitch effect like in Rekordbox would be nice.

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer
  • TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 32 Helper

    Have you tried adjusting the pitch range in settings? I forget where it is but you can set it to higher than 8%, not sure if that means it's relative to pitch position e.g. if you are at +2 it goes to +4 if you double pitch range.

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    That's for playback speed and does not work on external sources.

    And I sure hope OP is not talking about playback speed. That would be silly.

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

    I don't mean that. I adjust +8% from my turntable pitch slider and on top of that I can add 10% from traktor which in total makes +18% pitch adjustment :)

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    But turntable pitch slider also changes speed, that is not what you want, right? Only the tone / key / pitch without the speed.

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

    I personally don't care pitch key, but if that feature would be available as it is now too I don't care, but hte main idea is to add for the turntable pitch speed + / - % so the range would be more than it is with the tunrtable alone which is +-8 %. 16 % is basic so that'äs why 10% extra adjustment from traktor on top of the turntable 8% would be sufficient enough since it then would be 18% +-

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    How would that work?

    Traktor does not know what's in the future. It's a live input. If you speed it up, traktor would read what's ahead of the vinyl needle.

    Unless you talk about DVS relative mode.

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

    it was a suggestion no point argue technical details since none of us haven't coded traktor.

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    True, I have not. Maybe they find a way to speed up microphone input as well. Wil be interesting to hear yourself befor you even said it.

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

    That is an excellent example of circular argument fallacy topped with idiotism.

    If you can change the speed of mouse pointer on the screen while moving your hand same speed all the time, then it's possible to do the same with traktor.

  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,059 Expert

    Maybe you can explain it again in some other way?

    Because right now it sounds like you want to speed up an analog live input (vinyl in this case)

    If that would be possible, you would hear it in traktor before it was played on the turntable.

  • red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2023

    This would be a vast amount of development work to implement. You're better off using something with a bigger pitch range.

    Someone used to make a pitch mod for them: https://www.djbacktrack.com/

    EDIT: wait, do you mean live input or DVS. Because if you mean live input that's completely 100% impossible without breaking the laws of physics

  • FinBloke
    FinBloke Member Posts: 19 Newcomer

    Wow, no actual feedback from Native Instrument professionals just people building echochambers through circular reasoning without any knowledge of the software itself.

    Very dissapointed on this platform.

  • red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 93 Member

    You criticise us, when you haven't even clarified what you mean: DVS or live vinyl?

    One is technically possible but would probably require a considerable amount of work, and I'm pretty glad NI won't even consider it as it would be a massive waste of development resources for an incredibly niche feature.

    The other would require literal time travel. Or prescience.

Back To Top