Does 3.7.0 update also update Traktor Kontrol?

MaikR
MaikR Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Hello,

Does this also include an update for Traktor Kontrol hardware? In my case the S4 MK3. Or will this be released separately (when necessary for compatibility)?

I would like to know because this is the only piece of NI hardware that I own, which is not yet compatible with the latest macOS. Some other NI update crippled my M+ (separate update next to the Maschine software update), so I don't want to update if it doesn't fix something for me.

Kind regards,

Maik

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

traktor does not include firmware updates, you can download them and drivers via the download website.

• MaikR

Thanks. The latest firmware release seems to be dated 14.05.2019

If that’s the case the hardware seems to be compatible with the last couple versions of macOS. So it’s Traktor we have to wait for before upgrading macOS? And 3.7.0 isn’t the one, yet… or is it?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Correct, traktor works until monterey but not on ventura https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

• MaikR

Thanks for pointing out. Did visit that page, but Traktor Pro 3 AND Kontrol S4 MK3 aren’t there (yet).

As the situation didn’t change with the release of 3.7.0 of the software I better wait until another update.