NI Instruments in Pro Tools 2022

Ian Bourgal
Ian Bourgal Member Posts: 5 Member

I just installed Pro Tools 2022. Until today, I have been using only Maschine 2 on this computer with the included instruments.

When I installed Pro Tools, none of my Native Instruments plugins appeared in the plug ins list.

I reinstalled Maschine 2 through Native Access, and that worked.

Is it necessary to reinstall each of my NI plugins? Or is there a way to make Pro Tools see the other NI instruments?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,574 mod
    Answer ✓

Coool, then 10.14 allows that Full Disk Access feature. Try already to give it, restart your computer and see if the plug-ins appear.

If not, the best is to:

1. remove the AAX files from their location: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    2. Open Pro Tools
    3. Close Pro Tools
    4. Re-install the plug-ins in Native Access
    5. Open Pro Tools

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

You didn't mention your OS, that would be helpful!

If you're on Mac, make sure to give Full Disk Access to Pro Tools and Maschine: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If you're on Windows, make sure to run ProTools & Maschine as admin: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• Ian Bourgal
    Ian Bourgal Member Posts: 5 Member

It is Mojave 10.14.6

I know its not the recommended OS, but it seems to work other than this.

If I make these changes, will PT find the plugins or still require a reinstall?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Coool, then 10.14 allows that Full Disk Access feature. Try already to give it, restart your computer and see if the plug-ins appear.

If not, the best is to:

1. remove the AAX files from their location: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    2. Open Pro Tools
    3. Close Pro Tools
    4. Re-install the plug-ins in Native Access
    5. Open Pro Tools