Rig Kontrol not working

barbio68
barbio68 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hallo, I have my new mac with IOS 13.0.1.

I installed without problems guitar rig 5, but Rig Kontrol 3 does'nt work.

Have you got any suggestions?

Tanks to everybody

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Rig Kontrol 3 was discontinued years ago. It's not supported on current MacOs systems or on M1 Macs.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Rig Kontrol 3 was discontinued years ago. It's not supported on current MacOs systems or on M1 Macs.

• disfrontman
    disfrontman Member Posts: 2 Member

Will Native Instruments be updating the driver to their Rig Kontrol 3 product so that it will work with Apple Silcon in the future? It is the centerpiece of my live rig.

• Jeremy_NI

@disfrontman It was discontinued years ago, that means it will never get updated, sorry but you'll have to either keep a system with an older operating system or you'll have to change the setup somehow.

• disfrontman
    disfrontman Member Posts: 2 Member

How hard would it be to write a simple standards-compliant driver for this product? You’ve left a multitude of your installed user base out in the cold.

• tobiak
    tobiak Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm still using Guitar Rig 5 on Catalina, I can't update the OS because Rig Kontrol 3 would not work .. and apart from that you can't use a guitar rig live without a pedalboard, I wonder how you can use the Loop as well which for luckily they reintroduced it, and the Wah Wah pedal? ..

• mesika
    mesika Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

At least they should open source the old drivers, so the community can support it.

RIG Kontrol 3 was the last product in its category, so no risk from their side actually.

• mesika
    mesika Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Can the old drivers be open sourced?

this was already done once by you (although due to APSL license).