Export Audio (Master Mix) from Maschine 2 - sounds wrong

Mizamook
Mizamook Member Posts: 5 Member

Getting back into Maschine after a year's hiatus. I was never great at it, but I did get somewhere, and now I'm having to relearn a bunch of stuff.

Did a quick silly groove with a few tracks/groups. Nothing too fancy. Certainly not sophisticated or complicated.

Attempt to "Export Audio" results in some mix details being slightly off, but mainly, the East West "Play" output (Voices of the Empire) which only has one track, is just not playing back at all in some spots, and slightly audible but seems like the velocity is off in others.

What is the simplest way to export audio? I used to do it like this and never had this kind of problem.

Windows 10, everything involved is updated. Using same sample rate, etc. Levels not too hot, etc.

Thanks for any input.

Best Answer

• Mizamook
    Answer ✓

Answering my own question: I realised after a little thought that it was only the East West PLAY engine. I tried other instruments in its place and they played and exported just fine. So I wrote in to East West Support, and got this helpful answer:

"Maschine does its export as fast as possible and doesn't always communicate with the Play engine very well. To get around this you can either load up the individual instruments into RAM by going to Play's Main Menu and clicking to uncheck the 'stream from disk' option - that will load that specific instance into RAM and then should be able to export - otherwise, you can do an export through another DAW where it processes better, either offline or in realtime."

So I consider my issue solved at this point. I disabled the streaming from disk, and the export worked fine. In case anyone else finds this, I hope it helps.

Answers

• Mizamook
    Answer ✓

Answering my own question: I realised after a little thought that it was only the East West PLAY engine. I tried other instruments in its place and they played and exported just fine. So I wrote in to East West Support, and got this helpful answer:

"Maschine does its export as fast as possible and doesn't always communicate with the Play engine very well. To get around this you can either load up the individual instruments into RAM by going to Play's Main Menu and clicking to uncheck the 'stream from disk' option - that will load that specific instance into RAM and then should be able to export - otherwise, you can do an export through another DAW where it processes better, either offline or in realtime."

So I consider my issue solved at this point. I disabled the streaming from disk, and the export worked fine. In case anyone else finds this, I hope it helps.