Tempo sync a clock in core

BLAIR
BLAIR Member Posts: 47 Member

I have this counter which counts from 0 to 1, it has a speed knob to change how long it takes to get to 1, which ranges from values 0 - 5. I would like to replace this knob with a 1/4 tempo-synced speed, what do I need to change?

Comments

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor
    edited November 2022

The LFO 'Position Sync' module in Reaktor's factory library is handy for this. Look in the 'Control/LFO/Helpers' menu.

The 'Prim Transport' macro that's in that folder will create a 'distribution bundle' where you can pickup song-position, tempo etc. (A 'distribution bundle' is a set of signals you can 'pickup' from anywhere in your core structure. Checkout 'Distribution Buses' in the core manual)

Here's an example of a 1/4 note tempo-synced ramp from 0-1 -->

The Position Sync module outputs -0.5 to 0.5, so adding 0.5 will shift the output up to 0 to 1

You could also use a 'Selector' module like this one:

To select from a variety of division values (1 bar, 1/4, 1/16th etc) like this -->

Here's the ensemble shown above:

• BLAIR

@bolabo Thanks man, works great for what I needed. Is there any way to make the ramp work when the song position is still, but when you hit play it jumps back to 0 and retriggers the count?

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor

Here's a version with the 'Prim Transport' module modified to continue running when the transport stops

• BLAIR

Thanks man I'll try it out today