Options
2»

Answers

• devadip
    devadip Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi,

I work with a MacBookPro mid 2012 Intel CPU with OS Catalina 10.15, 3,7 GHz and 16 GB RAM.

I know very well that I have not to choose the VST typology loading NKS presets from the Maschine browser.....(it is not available), but NKS presets don't load from the Maschine browser, apart only instruments that run under Kontakt 7 and Reaktor 6, that are loaded correctly. Loading other instruments the message is ".....could not be loaded" . I've deleted the dir Library\Application support\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 to rebuilt the Maschine 2 database but nothing. Another particular thing is that Maschine 2, during the VSTs scanning, stops when it find an Arturia VST called: "dist COLDFIRE" that I've deleted everywhere from my MAC and that no longer exist when I try to find it in my MAC (!?). Probably it is memorized in such a particular hidden dir ?

Do you have the VST2 versions installed?--> No

Are VST2 and VST3 menus showing in the plugin menu?--> Yes (showing VST, VST3 and AU).

The VST2 plugin folder is not present in the path in settings/plugins.

Thanks

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,763 mod
    Options

There's your answer then, you need to have the VST2 versions installed and the VST2 path in settings for most of the plugins you say are not working. Certainly XILs plugins will not load from NKS saved with the VST2 if you only have the VST3 installed (AU is irrelevant here), and the same is true for some of the Rob Papen plugins (all apart from Blue III and Bit 2 which now have VST3 compatible NKS). All current NI plugin NKS should also work with the VST3 but not discontinued ones like Absynth. u-he plugins do migrate to VST3 on Apple Silicon but I'm not sure if that is true for Intel because I know they revert to VST2 on Rosetta so they probably do the same on Intel Macs. Arturia plugins should work if you have the latest versions installed though but if they aren't then again the VST2 might be the safer option. Since you say it was all working 'a few months ago' I can only assume you removed the VST2 versions and path, or are on a new computer and didn't install them?

• MrVuvu
    MrVuvu Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I have a similar issues. Komplete (vst) doesn't open reaktor presets however Komplete standalone does. Surely Native does some testing before release etc and would have easy-to-find solutions. I work on two Apple silicon computers and the issue is on one of those machines. Same software/versions/os. Frustrating as hell

• Kymeia
    Options

They do, Reaktor works on M1, there must be some specific reason it is not working for you. Are you trying to open the VST2 or VST3 plugin version? It should be the VST3 on Apple Silicon, unless you are in Rosetta mode

• MrVuvu
    edited November 2023
    Options

I use vst3 on both macs and use Rosetta mode as some plugins still don't work natively. The strange thing is works perfectly in Komplete standalone.

Not the first time Komplete has had this issue. In the past, it was some of the Arturia synths. That's was resolved now this.

The systems are M1 and M2. Don't know if that would be the reason as everything else is identical.

I guess I can try reaktor vst to run those presets. Creativity killer

• Kymeia
    Options

The fact that it’s only the plugin affected makes me wonder about the host. What host are you using and is that in native or Rosetta mode?

• MrVuvu
    edited December 2023
    Options

The host could prevent Komplete from loading presets? I'm using Ableton 11. I'll test Reason as host later

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

Not presets per se, but it may affect Reaktor loading in the KK plugin, for example if you are on a Mx Mac in Native mode but your host is trying to load the old VST2 of Reaktor, which will not work in native, rather than the VST3 version. Have you tried Rosetta mode to see if you get a different result?

• MrVuvu
    edited December 2023
    Options

Okay, so I've figured out what the issue was. For some reason, Native Access didn't delete the older version of Komplete. This glitch was only on the M2 Mac. Trashed that older Komplete.

Also, I think from now on best to let Ableton and Komplete scan for plugins in Apple silicon mode and again in Rosetta mode after plugins have been updated. Initially, standalone Komplete was running natively while Ableton was running in Rosetta mode.

Anyways thanks for the Rosetta clue. Everything works again.

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thought it might be something like that, it was trying to load the version from that old install - of course that would not have been silicon compatible - glad you got it fixed

• MrVuvu
    Options

Not to be argumentative but it wouldn't load Reaktor even when Ableton was running in Rosetta mode.

I can't wait for the day when everything is Apple silicon-compatible...