Komplete Kontrol and Arturia Plugins

Options
2»

Answers

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

thanks, mate, just extremely frustrated, also I think these plugin manufactuers need to get all their ****** working togther properly

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,777 mod
    Options
  • ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

we did get there in the end, it was a mixture of user error, bad naming in the Arturia app and by deleting folders in the Users/Library as well. It wasn't a simple problem with the Arturia plugins FYI. I still think NI needs to look at how databases are written/overwriten because something is up.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

Since this touches on Arturia, I'll throw an anchor in here to say (in case people haven't seen yet), Arturia have released "V Collection X (10)" just within the last week or so.

The upgrade is more expensive than it was in the past, but still probably a good deal for a lot of us. Have a look at their web page.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,777 mod
    Options

The nice thing about Arturia upgrades is they still let people on previous versions of the collection get upgrades to the instruments they already own for free, so you are always really only paying for what you don't have.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 862 mod
    Options

I think their plug-ins are well worth the price. I also own some of their hardware too (Minifreak).

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 198 Advisor
    Options

Without a doubt the V collection is worth the full price if you don't own it.

I own v8 and the SQ80, to be honest, the classic synths that I want such as the Jupiter 8, the ARP2600, Melotron etc, they are already in previous V collections.

The 599 Euro for the VX is a superb deal for someone new to the V collection

My upgrtade price of 299 Euros, while it might be a good deal for some, the things in V9 and VX that I don't have, the only one that interests me is the Korg ms-20.

Had the upgrade price been 100 to 150 Euros, I'd have bought it in a heart beat, but I can't justify 299 when there's nothing that really screams "want, want, want".

I sometimes wonder whether their marketing team has got it right, I hope they have and thousands upgrade, but if they haveb't, they need to ask themselves, whats best, say 100 people upgrading for 299 Euros of 1000 upgrading for 150 Euros.

When I look at what I got upgrading from Komplete 14 Ultimate to Collectors, when I see that cost me about 15 euros more than Arturia want for my vx upgrade, the vx upgrade looks like an even worse deal.

I'll probaby buy in in their black friday deal in a couple of years time

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,212 mod
    Options

I always get the $199 price "deal" and wait for the $99 deal that comes around later

-- Mike