License transfer shortcut…

Mikey 3000
Mikey 3000 Member Posts: 35 Member

I have had an A61 for a couple of years and decided to upgrade to an S61 so I could take more advantage of Komplete Kontrol.

I don't need my A61 any more so I thought I'd eBay it.

The S61 comes with a bunch of NI instruments etc but I'm pretty sure I have all of them already so I thought whoever bought the A61 should have them.

I know NI do a license transfer thing, but in the circumstances I thought it might be much easier to just include my S61 serial number card in the package, let them use that…

Can anyone see a reason why that's …like…really silly? Or will that be OK?

Best Answers

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

You wont have a registered S61, do the licence transfer, its painless and quick.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

No, but you did not tell, you have K14U...

Still, it is better to pass HW licence of A61 and not S61. One day you will sell S61 and new user would prefer S61 SW to A61 one....

Answers

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

You wont have a registered S61, do the licence transfer, its painless and quick.

• Kubrak

1) I am not sure, but I guess S61 gets more SW than A61.

2) With S61 you will get newer (current) version of Komplete Select...

So, it is better to do HW Licence transfer of A61. No need to care for transfer of bundled SW, HW transfer will do.

• Mikey 3000
    Mikey 3000 Member Posts: 35 Member

"With S61 you will get newer (current) version of Komplete Select"

True, but if I have 14 Ultimate there's nothing in there I don't have, is there?

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

No, but you did not tell, you have K14U...

Still, it is better to pass HW licence of A61 and not S61. One day you will sell S61 and new user would prefer S61 SW to A61 one....