Bolles ensembles vanished?

2Β»

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    edited October 2022

Let's go over this. For clarity's sake.

You already busted this guy's thread by being your usual unhelpful and off-topic self, so...

Maybe start your own thread titled "Just here to sh-t on other people and their work".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen man,..." - I'd rather not, but i'm super bored so...

"you offered to do a nice thing" - Correct. I did offer to do a nice thing. The amount of times you said thank you can be counted on zero fingers, but i know that's beside the point. Pointing it out anyway.

"and then reneged on it in a way i found insulting, and then i got very confrontational about it." Correct. I did renege on my offer. You forgot to mention i did so because you were considering selling an update of the thing i made the design for, commercially. That must have, conveniently, slipped your mind. Here to help refresh your memory.

I have no control over how you feel or behave. That's all you. I do not care.

"I can understand if my above reply made you feel defensive" You assume too much. To me, you and your negativity schtick are a clown show.

"the actual focus was aimed at what seems to be a new member who often start without much context between what they know, what they think they're looking at, and what is actually available. and he was soliciting opinions about your work in particular" Incorrect. Nothing of what you say here is actually there in the original post, or in any other post in this thread. I suggest you see your eye doctor. Your actual focus is to spread negativity about me, and that is why you constantly make up your own version of events.

Anyone can read the O/P and see you are being dishonest.

About your opinions of my DSP skills, or lack thereof: I don't remember ever boasting about my Reaktor building skills, and have no idea what you're on about.

I don't know where you get the idea that somehow your opinion of what other people do with Reaktor matters, but let me assure you it does not.

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

My tip for you both: go in conversation here or on email.

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 299 Advisor
    edited October 2022

this message has been redacted because paule said 'hey guys put it in an e-mail' and had a damn good point

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

it seems he was before my time

I misread your post, Andy

Yes, you come here 4 years later

• ANDREW221231
    edited October 2022

You already busted this guy's thread by being your usual unhelpful and off-topic self, so...

hey, know why i find this funny? , take a second to think about it

the thread was concerning you and your ensembles. you know who would have helpful and not off topic?? you!!!!! you could have popped in and said 'hey, i here!' but it took me coming in and peddling' lies' ohhhh and now you have time for the thread. ok LOL

and then you accuse me of derailing the thread. i mean i was in there answering the question, if the thread is about you and you don't like what's being said can you strike it as derailment?

i mean if you wanna get technical, you derailed the thread... you're derailed a thread ABOUT YOU

but i'm meant to believe you had legitimate concerns about this thread getting derailed. i know you did when i started in but do you expect me to believe that you cared about this thread getting derailed before i showed up?

because you currently are derailing the thread right now. where are the ensembles?

my brother in christ you break my brain. hopefully you privately messaged OP right.... right? lol

Let's go over this. For clarity's sake.

yeah, that went well

"You forgot to mention i did so because you were considering selling an update of the thing i made the design for"

HE ACTUALLY SAID IT he said the thing if bolle makes a design for your whatever, that is now the most important thing about your whatever. also if he has staked his claim and you have a new version but better, and sell that? you're done. thankfully the only thing he can do is take his toy back

you offered to do a nice thing" - Correct. I did offer to do a nice thing. The amount of times you said thank you can be counted on zero fingers, but i know that's beside the point. Pointing it out anyway.

this statement ... am i to understand i should have cause to be grateful to you for something?

what exactly? is there an actual reason for that? like i am honestly curious. like you say stuff like that i tend to brush it off because it doesn't compute but like seriously. what is in your head when you say something like that? do you see an image of me seeming thankful, is there any context in the scene that might explain why?

absolutely beyond all wits end. past the point of reasonable and then x1000 more

The amount of times you said thank you can be counted on zero fingers,

let it be known bolle prefers to be thanked in advance for things he will not to deliver!

Correct. I did renege on my offer. You forgot to mention i did so because you were considering selling an update of the thing i made the design for, commercially. That must have, conveniently, slipped your mind. Here to help refresh your memory

yeah, suuuuuuure didn't want word getting around bolle will take back stuff you never asked for cause it wont be safe in a house where big boy decisions are made!!! bolle will give you stuff but he will not trust you with it! oh nooo bolle's designs are so potent any household they reside is bound to a non compete clause. OHHHHHH his designs are so sick he forbids commercialization of instruments he's designed for (reasonable) subsequent versions, models, or derivative projects (BASED) considered binding irrespective of planned or current use or deployment (OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDD)

I don't know where you get the idea that somehow your opinion of what other people do with Reaktor matters, but let me assure you it does not.

bolle with absolute knowledge on the validity of opinions bolle is santa claus confirmed!

Nothing of what you say here is actually there in the original post, or in any other post in this thread. I suggest you see your eye doctor. Your actual focus is to spread negativity about me, and that is why you constantly make up your own version of events.

Anyone can read the O/P and see you are being dishonest.

that's all terrible news. but i have to reiterate.. i am my usual unhelpful off topic self?

cause i started this thread, remember what this thread we're on right now is about , i started out giving reasons for why i thought they might not be seen again

then you came and and it turned into what it turned into...

if im off topic and unhelpul

this cannot be bolles ensembles vanished thread, by definition

it must be the bolle something something thread. did you have an idea what this thread was supposed to be about when calling me off topic?

cuz i said

"the actual focus was aimed at what seems to be a new member who often start without much context between what they know, what they think they're looking at, and what is actually available. and he was soliciting opinions about your work in particular"

so, i was coaching on UL life post 'bolle's vanished ensembles', but according to you:

Incorrect. Nothing of what you say here is actually there in the original post, or in any other post in this thread. I suggest you see your eye doctor. Your actual focus is to spread negativity about me, and that is why you constantly make up your own version of events.

so bolle, if you answer any question i really really need it to be this one ok?..... what is this thread we are on now currently?,

cuz if i said this:

as far as dowager goes, the original version was a basic synth taking inspiration from a halfway understanding of zootook's analog Circuit Behavior, adding noise in a way that pretty much didn't make any sense.

the (relatively) more recent version opted for some oscillators (i believe) bolobo provided. so, i think its fair to say he's a relative newcomer to sound design, and dowager is more a great GUI that happens to contain a synth than it is the other way around

also, not sure but he might have an issue with people asking to distribute stuff that he's taken down

and none of it referenced the original post, what did the post reference?

• Laureano Lopez
    Laureano Lopez Member Posts: 102 Advisor

Since this has derailed so much, though in a kind of amusing, Michael-eating-popcorn way, I'll take the liberty to go full Judge Judy πŸ‘©β€βš–οΈ

It's very reasonable to ask that a work done for free not be used for profit. Otherwise it implies that one's work is worth nothing. For an activity that's pursued professionally, it sets a bad precedent. One may not even be interested in a lucrative arrangement, for example because it's a complication. I generally have no issue with my Reaktor work being used in paid products (it happened recently), because I generally do Reaktor stuff just for fun. I'd find it less amusing to have my production or mixing work used like that. When I do that kind of thing for free, because I'm really interested or I see it as an investment, I arrange to take part in eventual future earnings. But I probably wouldn't be interested if that implied, for example, a complex international transaction for a small amount. It is still my decision to be ok or not with any uses of my work.

That said, this is very easy to explain. "I wouldn't be ok with this being used in a paid product. If I do work for free, it is meant to stay free. If you keep the free version, I'll do it for that one."

On the other hand, after all this talk I can't help mentioning that the GUI thread ended with David kindly (I remark, very kindly) offering some help. That went very much unthanked, and followed by some deafening silence. If you're going to invoke ethical standards, it would be nice of you to follow them.

• ANDREW221231

laureano i agree with all that but i just want to clarify about the unpaid work thing is that was never requested or even implied. he made a design voluntarily for my vocoder which was nice but wanted it back when i said a total redesign of that vocoder might be commercial one day

he can have it back sure, but i never said or implied i'd do anything at all with the design, even distritube with the UL version he made it for so its entirely a matter of personal affront on my part, don't make a gesture like that if you're gonna take it back because of an assumption you designing for something means it has anything to do with it in my mind, i like my GUI for it just fine

there was another reply here i made trying to sincerely apologize for what i was able to about behavior i wasn't proud of in this thread and later in the reply spelled out in a lot more context the history of me and bolles persistent antagonism towards each other but seeing paule say 'keep it in an email' that sounded more appropriate so i redacted it here and sent it as a message

but that only lasted for an hour or two before i had to come back and roast his a$s

• ANDREW221231
    edited October 2022

laureano i agree with all that but i just want to clarify about the unpaid work thing as its not at all clear from the cross fire: that was never requested or even implied. he made a design voluntarily for my vocoder which was nice but wanted it back when i said a total redesign of that vocoder might be commercial one day

he can have it back sure, but i never said or implied i'd do anything with the design, even distribute with the UL version he made it for so its entirely a matter of personal affront on my part, don't make a gesture like that if you're gonna take it back because of an assumption you designing for something means it has anything to do with it in my mind,

if i had distributed it in the UL, as i believe he wanted me to, it would have been out of a sense of obligation to return the favor so he could get some clout from it. i like my own GUI for it just fine.

also kinda burns me is his assumption that i apparently thought it'd be ok to use his design commercially ?? if i thought there was someone around who didn't understand it wasn't ok to sell other peoples stuff i wouldn't be associating with them, much less giving them stuff

there was another reply here i made previously trying to sincerely apologize for what i was able to about behavior i wasn't proud of in this thread and later in the reply spelled out in a lot more context the history of me and bolles persistent antagonism towards each other but seeing paule say 'keep it in an email' that sounded more appropriate so i redacted it here and sent it as a message

but that only lasted for an hour or two before i had to come back and roast his ash

also.. the redesigned vocoder does contain your envelope detectors and like i said here previously but redacted that if i ever do bring it out of the vault to the world it would not be before letting you know and coming to some arrangement before it'd be released with them included. i assume most people here would do the same?

• ANDREW221231

also... what GUI thread ended with david kindly doing what?? is there some context i'm missing here?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,052 mod

Closed for being off topic

This discussion has been closed.