Traktor 2 Pro doesn't start up on intel i7

PforteFortissimo
PforteFortissimo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi everybody,

the screen of my old Laptop doesnt work anymore ... well, sometimes, but its not reliable.

I bought a new one and of course, i wanted to install my Traktor 2 Pro. The old one is Windows 10 and the new one, too, so i thought, there wont be trouble. But here we go: there is.

After installing the Programm for 2 times now, it still doesnt start if i try. Not even as administrator. The notebook shows a short working progress, but the Task-Manager doesnt react at all.

ive got 11th gen intel i7 11800, 16 gb RAM, Windows 10 home, so it shouldnt be a problem.

But it is! Any explanations, why?

And if i want to switch on Traktor 3 pro, do i just need an upgrade or should i go on "full"?

I have no idea about this, but i dont like the idea, spending lots of money again after buying an expensive notebook.

Thanks for quick answers and wise support!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @PforteFortissimo it seems like your processor might prevent Traktor Pro 2 from starting up. I see you contacted our support team already and we sent you a download link for a different version of Traktor. Let us know if it works.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

I had simmilar problem on newer computer (i5 10th gen) on W10 Home (21H2) to run TP2, it did not seem to start....

TP3 is OK. So, it made me finally move to TP3.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @PforteFortissimo it seems like your processor might prevent Traktor Pro 2 from starting up. I see you contacted our support team already and we sent you a download link for a different version of Traktor. Let us know if it works.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

I had simmilar problem on newer computer (i5 10th gen) on W10 Home (21H2) to run TP2, it did not seem to start....

TP3 is OK. So, it made me finally move to TP3.

• M0DJ0
    M0DJ0 Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHz  2.90 GHz with 16GB of ram.

Traktor pro 2 ran on my old laptop no sweat, even tho it had an i5 and 8GB ram.

it eventually starts after about an hour and some.

what is the problem??

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi there, the error description suggest that you are running a Windows computers with an intel Ice Lake, Tiger Lake or Alder Lake CPU.

These CPUs prevent Traktor Pro 2 versions between 2.7 and 2.11.3 to start.

It's not clear what exactly is causing this problem - specification-wise it should work as these processors easily fulfill Traktor 2´s requirements.

There are two ways to fix this problem: either to downgrade your Traktor Pro 2 to the version 2.6.8 or purchase an update to Traktor Pro 3.

You can download an installer for Traktor Pro 2.6.8 HERE (which is the latest Pro 2 version that is not affected by the phenomenon). There is no need to remove your current Pro 2 installation beforehand.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to Traktor Pro 3 via the following link

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-software/traktor-pro-3/pricing/