Where did the quickload (aka quick-load) go?

stans
stans Member Posts: 11 Sine

After installing Komplete 14 including Kontakt 7, my long hours of getting my quick-load setup just as I like it disappeared. Not only is it empty in Kontakt 7 (not that surprising), it's now gone from Kontakt 6. Literally, the Library/App Supp/NI/Kontakt/QuickLoad is completely removed.

Obviously, I had a backup, but putting it back in place did nothing. Previously, when I restored this folder, it would appear the next time I ran Kontakt 6, but now, nothing appears.

Ideally, I'd also like to see or import this hard-earned QuickLoad list into Kontakt 7, but at the moment I can't find a way to do that.

I'm on Mac/Catalina in case that matters.

Best Answer

• stans
    Answer ✓

So glad for you. I guess my experience was a one-time failure of the installer. I checked my backups and the K6 (they are actually the "Kontakt" with no version number) QuickLoad was there about 2 hours before I started the Komplete 14 installations. After they completed, the QL folder was completely gone.

Anyway, we should close this thread. Obviously, no one else is experiencing this error. I can only tell you that it verifiably happened to me.

Answers

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 28 Sine

Someone else mentioned the same problem. I've only installed Kontakt 7 Player, and my Kontakt 6 quickloads are all intact. Looking in Finder I have seperate quickload folders in the Kontakt and Kontakt 7 folders respectively, so it's odd that installing Kontakt 7 is removing the Kontakt 6 folder for people.

Just to confirm, are you restoring it in the hidden Library/App Support or the default HD Library/App Support? The quick load files are in the hidden Library for me.

• kurzwave
    kurzwave Member Posts: 1 Noise

QuickLoad works for me in Kontakt 7 (copied from Kontakt 6) but I'm on Win 10

• dougieb
    dougieb Member Posts: 3 Sine
    edited September 2022

On Mac, the Kontakt 7 quick load folder is located in: "Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 7/QuickLoad"

Your old QuickLoad folder will be under the Kontakt folder.

You will need to copy the Quickload items from the Kontakt folder into the new Kontakt 7/Quickload folder.

One problem I've had is that this massively slows down the responsiveness of the Load/Save dropdown. Also, if all of my QuickLoad items are in the new folder, K7 crashes.

On a side note, I'm kind of annoyed that its named Kontakt 7 rather than just Kontakt. Seems like that is going to break a lot - especially after batch saving in K7.

• stans

Thanks for responding! Mine are also in the special or "hidden" Library folder. I have an alias for it on my desktop. After installing K7 and clicking on the alias, it reported that the original was gone. Sure enough, it had been removed.

Fortunately, I had added to it and performed a backup the day before that, so I restored it. However, this removal is still very disconcerting to me. I was able to add to the QuickLoad in both K6 and K7 yesterday. I checked the folders under Application Support/Native Instruments/ and they were added there as well.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon CroatiaModerator Posts: 812 mod

Each version of Kontakt has its own Quick-Load folder, so K7 comes with an empty one. It also doesn't delete Kontakt 6's Quick-Load folder (nor any previous version's).

• stans

My Kontakt (without a number which was for version 6) had the QuickLoad removed during the Komplete 14 install. I guarantee it.

• stans

Yup. I know all of this and have worked with it in version 6 extensively. Thus, my consternation when it was removed.

• stans

And I agree that the "7" is annoying along with all of its bloated pains.

• stuka82
    stuka82 Member Posts: 1 Noise
    edited October 2022

FWIW -

I'm currently on Windows 10 ~

I just copied the contents of my Kontakt 6 Quickload folder:

(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\QuickLoad)

to my Kontakt 7 QuickLoad folder:

(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\QuickLoad)

...and everything seems to be working fine.😎

Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 were both installed using Native Access defaults.

Not noticing any load-time or other issues.

• stans

Yes, that's what I did on the Mac as well (different location, of course). It works, but is just annoying that I had to restore the K6 quickload contents after the installation of Komplete 14.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon CroatiaModerator Posts: 812 mod

I have just done a from-scratch K7 install and no K6 folders were ever touched during that procedure.

• stans
    Answer ✓

So glad for you. I guess my experience was a one-time failure of the installer. I checked my backups and the K6 (they are actually the "Kontakt" with no version number) QuickLoad was there about 2 hours before I started the Komplete 14 installations. After they completed, the QL folder was completely gone.

Anyway, we should close this thread. Obviously, no one else is experiencing this error. I can only tell you that it verifiably happened to me.