FX Updates: 24 Komplete effects now with ARM Native support and MacOS Sonoma compatibility

Options

Comments

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

Good to know. I don't use Bitwig, but I hope Live will adopt Clap someday so we get rid of VST and Steinberg absurdity.

• kultschar
    kultschar Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

My FX VST3s dont finish scanning in Bitwig but ok in Ableton.

Anybody else have this problem? My other M1 Native plugins (main apps) all seem ok.

• nohiddencatch
    nohiddencatch Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I'm running Studio One 6 on a MacMini M1 (256GB/16GB). When I try to edit an effect like "dirt" while Studio One 6 is in play mode, the knobs on the plugin-gui react very slowly. When the sequencer is stopped, they react very smooth as expected. This happens only when running Studio One in native mode. When it runs in rosetta-mode, everything with the NI-Effect-PlugIns is fine. So I think there is an issue with ARM Native-Support with the effect-plugins. Are there any Studio One users here who can confirm this issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

@nohiddencatch Thanks for flagging this. We'll try to do a repro, can anyone with a similar setup confirm? Please double check that Studio One has Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Does that have an impact ? Are you using AU or VST3 in Studio One? Did you have Studio One Pro 5 before? Is it also happening there? Is it also happening in an empty project?

• nohiddencatch
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Jeremy_NI thanks for your reply! Studio One had no full disk access, but after setting it to full disk access the behavior didn't change. I've installed the VST3 as well as the AU-Version, but it makes no difference. I just switched from a Windows PC to Mac, so I only installed the latest Studio One Version 6. Now I installed also Version 5 - and in Version 5 the NI Effects work perfectly. As Version 5 doesn't play V6-Songs, I created 18 Kontakt Tracks with libraries as Pharlight or Straylight in V5 to create very heavy CPU-Load - but the NI-FX-PlugIns react absolutely okay. So it seems to have something to do with Studio One Version 6 as soon as there's some CPU-load.

The Impact is, that you can't write smooth parameter changes while playback and the plugin also won't read track automation that was drawn at the automation lanes, as the parameter values jump extremely.

Update: Now I created a new V6 Song from Scratch with 19 instances of Pharlight and some NI-FX. Although there is very heavy CPU-load, I can edit the FX-PlugIns without any issues. Very strange ;-)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it's working as expected now. Maybe it was a temporary hiccup. Let us know in any case if the issue comes up again.

• nohiddencatch
    Options

@Jeremy_NI unfortunately it still doesn't work as expected. I installed the Massive X Update (silicon native) yesterday, and there are also these parameter jumps - but I just can't narrow it down. It already occurs with a very small song with just one more instrument-track loaded. On the other hand, it abolutely doesn't occur when running Studio one in Rosetta.

I made two short videos to show the issue:

This is a song which is obviously on overload, but the plugin works as expected:

This song doesn't overload, but the plugin shows these parameter jumps:

In both cases Studio One is running in arm-mode.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Can you reproduce the issue in a smaller project? Are you using Waves plug-ins in these projects? If you can reproduce the issue in a smaller project, please zip it and share it here so we can maybe try to reproduce the issue.

• nohiddencatch
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I attached a small Studio One Song. There are some NI-Instruments, some Presonus-stock-instruments and some Arturia-Instruments. In the yellow colored track (Massive X) I inserted "Bite". While playing back the song, its knobs react really slow. Maybe it has something to do with the Arturia-Instruments, although they do not use so much CPU-Power and the slow reacting FX-PlugIn is inserted on another track. It would be great, if you or someone of this community could figure it out.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,773 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

I'm trying to decide whether to bother with these ones - do they have resizable GUIs yet?

• Transient Master
    • Vintage Compressors (VC 2A, VC 76, VC 160)
    • Premium Tube Series (Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp)
    • Reverb Classics (RC24, RC48)
    • Solid Mix Series (Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamics, Solid EQ)

If not I'll just use the GR versions

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

@Kymeia

These effects do not feature a resizable UI yet 😥

The effects in Guitar Rig are identical so you can use them there with a resizable UI, but please be aware that the Premium Tube Series is NOT part of Guitar Rig.

• nohiddencatch
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I think that I finally found out what caused this issue: the Arturia Software Center had no full access to its folder, so there was a problem with the authorization of my computer. Studio One didn't show any alert, but after playing around with Logic Pro X for a few hours, there were error messages when opening the Arturia-PlugIn GUI.

After fixing this folder access, the NI-PlugIns also run in Studio One as expected.

Sorry - I ran Studio One unintentionally in Rosetta-Mode, that must have been the reason for the "fix"...so I think, there must a some issue in Studio One an not with the PlugIns...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

This shows how difficult task is to thoroughly test plugins/SW. And time consuming.

I fully understand, NI did not want to "waste" their human resources on making VST2 native AS.... As it is close to obsolete.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@nohiddencatch Thanks for the update and for solving that mystery.

• Elias Theuring
    Elias Theuring Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I have a problem with Replica XT and the Premium Tube Series. I installed both. But I can't find it as a component. I find all other Komplete effects as components and use them. I have to say that I work with a PC. What can I do there?