Native Instruments Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility

Comments

• NoiSys
    NoiSys Member Posts: 2 Member

Sorry if this message seems kind of impatient, but wouldn't the point of this thread be to keep the community updated on progress?

For example: Beta program is running very well, a few small things still need to be improved but end of february is expected to be the public release.

Or: Sorry, we have some major problems the whole thing will probably take until mid of march...

Just a suggestion... ;)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

@NoiSys And so it is released! You can now find a new version of Kontakt with a native M1 and Monterey support in your Native Access. Our Kontakt Product Manager is sharing her thoughts on the release on this post here: A few words on the new Kontakt 6.7.0 update

• Ruedelmax
    Ruedelmax Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hmmm, for me there are the same bugs as before the update.

Sometimes Kontakt instruments are not playing when I play the project or arpeggiators are not played back properly and Kontakt still does not save some settings in e.g. Session Guitarist.

So for my feeling nothing has changed and I had to switch back to Rosetta.

Pretty disappointing...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@Ruedelmax It might be something in your setup then, we didn't get other similar reports. Did you get in touch with our tech support ?

• testrada
    testrada Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Is Komplete 13 compatible with Intel i7 iMac running Monterey? I'm holding off upgrading to Monterey until I see it's supported.

• Sewnkinsewnkin
    Sewnkinsewnkin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, has anyone else been having trouble running kontakt plug ins like Arkhis, Ashlight, Noire, Pharlight etc.? Every time I run them on Pro Tools, it crashes. I have Monterey iOS 12.2.1. I know that many software and plug in places are still updating their stuff for Monterey, but does anyone know when these plug ins might be possible to use with iOS 12? Thanks so much.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

This seems unrelated to Monterey compatibility, you are already in contact with my colleagues regarding this issue.

• adissu
    adissu Member Posts: 7 Member

I hope NI will improve two things for future updates:

1. Transparent communication when which software/hardware will be tested and when to expect compatibility. S.th. like a weekly update.
    2. Starts testing earlier and puts more people on those tasks. Almost 4 month to ensure compatibility with a new macOS release (the next will come in 8 months) is much too slow and keeps us away from using new features and improvements.
  • solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper

this is a good point. we native instruments users always have to be one or two operating systems behind. it's not sustainable, especially when all your other software and plugins are just getting updated so fast

• Kaiwan_NI

Hi @testrada some products in Komplete 13 are supported. You can see a full list here.

• Kaiwan_NI

@adissu A beta test for M1-compatible Kontakt was available here on this community before it was officially launched. We will do a proper announcement next time we have a beta test for anything - glad to hear there's an interest!

• adissu
    adissu Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2022

@Kaiwan_NI I was aware of the beta, however, since I only have one computer running this productively, I was afraid of going to a beta version. My hope for the future is that NI will be able to provide a feedback on it's software products for a new MacOS releases within one month after the release date of macOS.

I was a bit annoyed by getting advertisements each week for new sound packages but still waiting for the updated version of the Kontakt Player. Of course, I understand that selling new products is important to NI, however, providing fast and reliable updates will establish trust and additional sale opportunities in the long term.

And of course, we are interested for regular updates/announcements. This would be great!

• FlashCat
    FlashCat Member Posts: 1 Member

Apple has yet to send any sort of patch for some rather nasty exploits found in Big Sur and Catalina. They have addressed the issue in Monterey, unfortunately they've remained silent about securing fixes for Big Sur and Catalina. Since I currently have to projects which use NI products, I'll take the plunge into Monterey and hope Komplete 13 Ultimate will be compatible within the next few months 😑

• octopus
    octopus Member Posts: 3 Member

HI all im a bit confused... Im running new mac studio with Logic X (not rosetta enabled). I am having no issues running Komplete Kontol and Macshine in this envoronement. My understnding these products should not work under M1 non rosetta ?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

They work but are not supported, in that you might run into a problem due to incompatibility. I've seen no problems for the little I do

This discussion has been closed.