FM8 MIDI CC 7 and 10 are assigned after reloading

I just found out, that in my Cakewalk project FM8 will always load with MIDI CC 7 and 10 assigned. I would need it to load without at least CC 7. Am I missing something here?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@STEPHANVS Is this happening in any project? MIDI CC7 would always be assigned to volume, as far as I know. Could you give more details ?

• STEPHANVS
    STEPHANVS Member Posts: 4 Member

I have basically one project, a very specific live use case scenario, where I send the audio via Dante Virtual Soundcard through a pre-fader aux when performing live, but creating and mixing via the master channel. Projects are saved in MIDI format 1 files, where the volume only should affect the local mix. Since FM8 listens on CC7 each time the project is loaded and I cannot filter it in Cakewalk, either I remove CC7 and CC10 every time or FM8 is not really pre-fader on the aux.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@STEPHANVS I'm sorry, this seems to be difficult to reproduce on our end. Maybe a workaround would be to change the MIDI channel of FM8 and make sure that the CC7 is not sent to OMNI, if that makes sense.

• STEPHANVS

@Jeremy_NI Yes, that makes sense. However CC7 is not set to OMNI, as every MIDI channel sends its own CC7 to the loaded VST plugin.

Every setting is restored correctly when loading the project, except these 2 CCs.

To recreate you can use VSTHost from Hermann Seib. It has the capability to save and load plugin bank. Add FM8 as a plugin, go to Master section in FM8, remove CC7 and CC10 from MIDI Controller Assignment. In VSTHost enable Autosave Plugin Banks in the Performance menu, then Save As (Save works too, Save As will give a distinct name when loading). Close the app, then load the saved preset. CC7 and CC10 should not be there, but for me it is.

• STEPHANVS

I am picking up this topic again.

I have created a video demonstrating the issue:

https : // www . youtube . com / watch?v=DywNDEYRwbU

(apparently I have to be around for a little while longer before I can post links, please delete the spaces)

In Cakewalk by Bandlab, but any host will do, I import FM8, remove CC7 and CC10 from MIDI Controller Assignment, save the project, close the project, reopen the project and CC7 and CC10 are back in MIDI Controller Assignment list.