Disallow_Group and release notes

bmigal
bmigal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Scripting Workshop

Hello, very new to scripting.

I'm having trouble getting the Disallow_Group command to work with release samples. To illustrate the problem, if I make a simple Kontakt instrument that contains only one group, and I run the following script:

on note

disallow_group($ALL_GROUPS)

end on

on release

disallow_group($ALL_GROUPS)

end on

What happens is exactly what I would expect, which is, no notes play, because the one group I have is always disallowed. But if I change that group to be RELEASE, then notes play everytime I release a key, which means that the group is never disallowed, when it's set to be a release group.

Would someone point me in the right direction? What I'm trying to accomplish is to learn how to use scripting to dictate when groups play and when they don't, regardless of whether they are regular groups, or release groups.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

You would need to script your own release triggering, because the internal release trigger handling disregards group allowing from KSP. So first, set up SET_CONDITION(NO_SYS_SCRIPT_RLS_TRIG) and then do release triggering your own way.

• bmigal
    bmigal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Aha! Thank you for explaining this, and for pointing me in the right direction!