FM8 won't be recognized as VST

Wrightflyer
Wrightflyer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Like so many people I recently got FM8 as a result of the amazing deal at Plugin Boutique.

I can get it recognized in Cakewalk but when I try to use Bespoke Synth (actually synth and DAW) then while it can recognize almost all the other VST3 I have (things like Dexed) even if I tell it the directory where FM8.dll is located and ask it to "scan" it will not find FM8.

I thought it might be as simple as it being .dll rather than .vst3 so I made a copy and pointer Bespoke to scan there.It said it had found a plugin but "note that the following files appeared to be plugin files, but failed to load correctly" then listed FM8.vst3 (which was simply a copy of FM8.dll).

So does anyone know how to get Bespoke to recognise FM8 as a VST ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no VST3 version of FM8... If you renamed the .DLL to .VST3, that will not work (thats why you get the error) Use "Scan for New or Updated VST Plugins" to get the .DLL to register.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

There is no VST3 version of FM8... If you renamed the .DLL to .VST3, that will not work (thats why you get the error) Use "Scan for New or Updated VST Plugins" to get the .DLL to register.

• SoundEngine
    SoundEngine Member Posts: 3 Member

I would agree with Blindeddie that renaming the .DLL to the .VST3 would not work - probably on anything.

Does Bespoke scan different directories for the VST3s than Cakewalk? Does Bespoke work with other plug-in formats that .VST3?

Best,

• Blindeddie

it actually has two scan processes,one to scan VST2 and one to scan VST3.

• Nastika
    Nastika Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

hey i just recently try this:

activating or de-activating "Beta: Use UTF-8 for worldwide language support" actually solved the issue for him. **

This can be found in Windows under **

Windows Start > Settings> Time & Language> “Date, time, & regional formatting ”>“ Additional date, time, & region settings ”> Region> Administrative> Change system locale

and now its working ! im using studio one 5. but this can work with u if u use w10

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Mayhaps it helps you for FM8, but other programs won't work. It's the same as for Absynth in the upper thread from March this year.

Be patient please: NI plan an update for FM8, Reaktor and Massive in early 2013.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Paule The issue of OP and the issue you linked to that thread are not related. Please be careful, this can be very confusing.