Maschine plus note repeat

Nobi215
Nobi215 Member Posts: 5 Member

Is there a way to add the note repeat function to a note already placed in the step sequencer on maschine plus in standalone mode? when you hit note repeat it stays as an option in the pad , keyboard and chord functions but isnt available in the step function. essentially would like to add some sort of repeat automation to a note intead of recording repeated ones while finger drumming. the only reason im thinking about this is because my pioneer sp-16 sampler does this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

I think what you’re referring to is sometimes called Ratchet function. Maschine does not have that. The Note Repeat, Arpeggio and Chord functions are before the Sequencer and must be recorded to have them in the Pattern.

Depending on the sound, you could use something like loops on percussion samples or internal sequencer like in FM8 to simulate ratchets.

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

I think what you’re referring to is sometimes called Ratchet function. Maschine does not have that. The Note Repeat, Arpeggio and Chord functions are before the Sequencer and must be recorded to have them in the Pattern.

Depending on the sound, you could use something like loops on percussion samples or internal sequencer like in FM8 to simulate ratchets.

• Nobi215
    Nobi215 Member Posts: 5 Member

thats what i figured. thanks for reaching out.