Maschine Jam MKII (2023)

Options
2»

Comments

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    Options

I hope Maschine Jam MK2 comes true some day... asap... in 2023 maybe? I want it for M+, like some other people. But I don't want to buy a heavy used old Jam. And there are not so many good condition old Jams in sale. I would buy one if I find new... but it's out of stock. To be honest, I don't even need an MK2... just the old Jam new stock... it will work. Just need it, want it, will buy it.

Hope NI makes a decision to produce it again, in favor of M+ workflow.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

IMHO, most Jams on sale are almost new. If one has used it more than hardly, he would not not sell it. In most cases.

I have bought two Jams in past and the both were almost untouched....

• Veiss
    Veiss Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I can definitely see them making an MK2, especially now that NI has in fact released a new series of hardware in the Kontrol S MK3 series, but I think the main hang up is the Maschine software. There's several key features we still don't have. Decoupling controllers is one that I don't think we'll get until Maschine 3, and only after the release of that I could see a Jam MK2. Hopefully M3 and an MK4 development are already underway and sharing design principles from the new S series' onboard computing device and unified screen.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

im hunting for a 4th one LOL... patiently waiting for it to show up on the used market...

they are sought after controllers...

• Kubrak
    Options

Exactly, hard to get. :-(

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

Interesting. I hope for the exact opposite: That NI stops development and release of any new hardware or new software, until they fix the complete mess they made with their current main software platform products: Maschine, Komplete Kontrol and Native Access. All of them miss major features, have long standing feature requests, are buggy and newer versions lack features of previous versions. And for over a year now, pretty much every update disrupted workflows on either of the products. The automatic update of Kontakt Libraries by Native Access to require Kontakt 7 is just the newest example. And you better don't get me started on the M+ various incompatibilities with the desktop versions of Maschine (sic!), Reaktor, Kontakt, FM8 and Massive.

We don't need more half baked abandoned products.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Looking at things from their perspective: Why would they bother if people still line up to buy the next thing regardless? They can literally release a new MK4 with just a single big screen, 2 extra buttons with the same software we have now and folks would still buy it... lol

• Kubrak
    edited November 2023
    Options

They could remove few buttons, that just cluter the workspace.

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    edited November 2023
    Options

Jam’s problem was NI kinda promised a performance recording mode that never materialised, I think that made people hold off , until that was added , which it wasn’t , , jam was pretty cool tho , I brought one ,wasn’t a fan of the faders ,but step input and 16 velocity were really useful , its the reason ideas view happened , would of liked to see a full size maschine jam ie 64 pad mk3 type

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    Options

I hate to admit it, but, unfortunately, you’re right. The infinite benefit of untamed capitalism.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Maschine Jams still move pretty quick on the secondhand market. There’s still a demand for em even this many years later. A couple of things NI missed the mark on,

the Jam didn’t match the exact size and angle of the Maschine MK3 making them look weird next to each other.

the buttons are not very playing friendly and just feel like paying on starbursts instead of the high quality pads of something like a push.

some of the promised features for the jam in the Maschine software just never came to be (NI has a sad history of pulling a Behringer on feature promises).

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 842 Guru
    Options

I just bought 2 myself this week. I had to order another one in fact because one of the two I ordered was already sold in-store so my order was cancelled.