Traktor DJ for iPad - DownBeat/BeatGrid Cue/Sync Points Reset?

DJ Franchise
DJ Franchise Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have regular old Traktor DJ for iPad and absolutely LOVE everything about it, I don't even need headphones for most mixes it's so technologically on point. BUT:

When I try to mix old Disco tracks with my House tracks the Disco tracks NEVER get set to the proper beats at the beginning of the 4/4's. I noticed that if I turn off SYNC I can set it on the proper beat with the slider or turntable but I can NOT set HOT CUES because the beat marks are in the wrong place. So, the question is:

--:: Is there a way to reset the main DOWNBEAT start point for the 4/4's???

Best Answer

• DJ Franchise
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

EDIT: Forgive me! I found the answer, FINALLY. Gonna leave this up here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

You just tap on the BPM box for the track, set the first beat you like then select "Set Downbeat."

Found it here:

Answers

• DJ Franchise
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

EDIT: Forgive me! I found the answer, FINALLY. Gonna leave this up here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

You just tap on the BPM box for the track, set the first beat you like then select "Set Downbeat."

Found it here:

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Awesome, thanks for sharing the solution @DJ Franchise!

Although, it can be difficult to match properly the beatgrid for some old tracks as they were sometimes recorded live with acoustic instruments (before drum machines populate studios) and therefore not perfectly on time.