Effect Chain Automation in Komplete Kontrol?

abritabroad
abritabroad Member Posts: 33 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Using Live 11 Is it possible to automate permeameters in a plugin inserted in a chain such as in my image. (Want to automate the dry / wet settings of the tsar for instance?? Thanks for helping!!

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Nope. This is why it’s pointless adding effects in the Komplete plug-in when you are in a daw. Just add the plug-in direct to the track as usual.

• abritabroad
    Answer ✓

Thanks!! First time I have ever added a plug in chain and now I know why I won't in the future!!

thankyou for saving my time!! cheers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Yeah the issue comes down to the fact (I believe) that host automation is open to the instrument but not effects plugins. If it was, either there would be too many parameters to map for automation or a new system would be needed (like Kontakt) where you have to first go through and "enable host automation" for the parameters you want to control which personally I would not be a fan of, it defeats the purpose of KK being a quick way to load instruments and start automating any mapped parameters.

The other issue is simply having all those plugins within KK, it would be a nightmare when you have to reinstall a system, open your project and simply see nothing loaded. KK does not alert you to what plugin/s are missing so just be aware of that too that if plugins are missing it just loads blank and you have to figure out what is missing with a blindfold.

• abritabroad
    Answer ✓

"The other issue is simply having all those plugins within KK" Yes I can see how that could be a mess....

Answers

• JesterMgee
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Nope. This is why it’s pointless adding effects in the Komplete plug-in when you are in a daw. Just add the plug-in direct to the track as usual.

• abritabroad
    Answer ✓

Thanks!! First time I have ever added a plug in chain and now I know why I won't in the future!!

thankyou for saving my time!! cheers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Yeah the issue comes down to the fact (I believe) that host automation is open to the instrument but not effects plugins. If it was, either there would be too many parameters to map for automation or a new system would be needed (like Kontakt) where you have to first go through and "enable host automation" for the parameters you want to control which personally I would not be a fan of, it defeats the purpose of KK being a quick way to load instruments and start automating any mapped parameters.

The other issue is simply having all those plugins within KK, it would be a nightmare when you have to reinstall a system, open your project and simply see nothing loaded. KK does not alert you to what plugin/s are missing so just be aware of that too that if plugins are missing it just loads blank and you have to figure out what is missing with a blindfold.

• abritabroad
    Answer ✓

"The other issue is simply having all those plugins within KK" Yes I can see how that could be a mess....

• Florentggene
    Florentggene Member Posts: 16 Member

What a shame!!!!