Modifiers or hardware issue?

Options
cazco
cazco Member Posts: 46 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I have been at this for two days, I can't tell if I have done something stupid or if my hardware is at fault. I am using a Nano Kontrol Studio midi controller with Traktor.

I am trying to have modifier that only works when the button is pushed down. This is because I cant get the LED working right and I am scared I wont know if my modifier is on or off.

Here is how it should wor:k

If button CC62 is pressed once it toggles - PLAYS/PAUSE Deck A

It also does SYNC ON - Button direct value = 1

So far so good.

I have a modifier on Button CC54 has no condition set but is on HOLD Value set to 1

When I press button CC54 (the cycle button) I want it to ignore PAUSE and either turn on SYNC ON or OFF.

So I created another SYNC ON WIth M1 = 1 Set Value to 1.

Indeed the modifier when pressed down does ignore PLAY PAUSE but it doesn't switch SYNC ON or OFF. I have tried other combinations like SYNC ON WIth M1 = 0 Set Value to 1 plus SYNC ON WIth M1 = 1 Set Value to 0 and all combinations of invert but I just cant get it to work. II just cant see what else I can do or where I am going wrong?

If you are wondering why I might want this, it's because i like to practice and play without the sync but sometimes it is necessary. Also I am running out of buttons hence the modifier.

Big thanks in advance for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• cazco
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

OK Ive got this working. It was the Cycle button. It can send midi messages but for some reason it doesn't work as a modifier.

Answers

• cazco
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

OK Ive got this working. It was the Cycle button. It can send midi messages but for some reason it doesn't work as a modifier.