Custom Instrument / Interface

Martin Schmid
Martin Schmid Member Posts: 66 Member
edited July 2022 in Scripting Workshop

Hi folks.. is there some way to create a custom interface for a 3rd party kontakt instrument? E.g., specifically, I'm referring to Virtual Drum Line from Tapspace. I'd prefer to make a on-screen UI that helps me know what note plays what instrument in a visual way, rather than a 'keyboard view'. Even the instrument itself you need to refer to the PDF documentation to know what key is what. I wish it was more like Get Good Drums or Superior Drummer.

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited July 2022

There's a thing called 'Creator Tools' that comes with Kontakt. Generally, when creating a custom instrument, you need to know how to use the Lua scripting language.

Further readings:

• Lovechld2000
    Lovechld2000 Member Posts: 29 Member

bear in mind if you do something like this there is no grouping / layering / mapping standard, so you may need to study how the instrument is set up inside and maybe alter that as well, depending on what you want to achieve with your interface

• Martin Schmid
    Martin Schmid Member Posts: 66 Member

I found that with the Controller Editor on my Maschine+, I can do what I want.. will take a while as there are like ~130 keymaps to get through.. but well worth it to make this more intuitive to play: