How to send BPM data from Traktor to a custom controller

Johannes Jan
Johannes Jan Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello everyone,

I am building a custom controller and would like to display the BPM per track on an OLED display in my custom controller. So I am wondering if it's possible to send the BPM per deck over MIDi out (whenever a track is loaded and whenever the BPM is changed inside of Traktor). And I think the key here might be that it's per deck. I've looked into sending MIDI clock data (from which I can calculate a BPM) but that seems to only be able to handle a master clock. But maybe I am overlooking something... Anyone have any ideas or a possible solution?

Thanks in advance! Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Johannes

Tagged:

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

not directly as far as i know, but you can use a midi output with "beat phase" as source and that way count and compute the bpm. I don´t know if this will work or how well but it is a way, at least, to try.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

Add Out --> Deck Common --> Tempo Adjust can display the BPM value. You can check it out and see if you can find a way to properly display BPM on your controller. I know that it works since I've been mapping my F1 and X1 MK2 displays to do so.