How to lock cross fader channel assignments - Kontrol S4 Mk3

Shea
Shea Member Posts: 2 Member

The physical cross fader assignments are changing on their own. I want the channels on the right side of the S4 to stay assigned to the cross fader on the right also. Same with the left side. The fader assignments are changing on their own for some reason and I cannot figure out why? The physical buttons where you assign the cross fader are actually changing on their own without me moving them and I cannot figure out why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited July 2022

On the front side are hardware controls for the assignments. Everytime you start Traktor, the assignments get aligned with the hardware sliders. The sliders themselves are pretty hard to move. Unless there is a ghost with some telekinetic powers to move them they should stay the way you set them.

• Shea
    Shea Member Posts: 2 Member

Haha yes I know it seems weird but they are indeed moving on their own. I am very aware of the hardware controls on the front and you are right they are fairly hard to move physically and they should stay in place. Once they are in place where I want them I go about DJing. I do a fair amount of scratching and after a while the fader assignments are off and the button has physically moved.

Is it possible that the fader is malfunctioning and would cause this?

• Sûlherokhh

The Fader? No, my guess is that the controller is somehow being induced to vibrate, or maybe you are doing some really hardcore crossfading. I have no other explanation. Try fixing it with the MultitoolTM, chewing gum. 😁

• Sûlherokhh
    edited July 2022

There is another way to fix it. The sliders are just control triggers for traktor functions defined in the qml files. Check for the file "Mixer.qml" in the subfolder "CSI\S4MK3"

At the bottom you will find:

// xfader assign
     Wire { from: surface_prefix + "xfader_assign.left"; to: DirectPropertyAdapter { path: app_prefix + "xfader_assign.left"  } }
     Wire { from: surface_prefix + "xfader_assign.right"; to: DirectPropertyAdapter { path: app_prefix + "xfader_assign.right" } }

If you make comments of those two lines by placing two slashes "// " in front of them, the sliders will lose their function.

In the end it should look like this:

// xfader assign
     // Wire { from: surface_prefix + "xfader_assign.left"; to: DirectPropertyAdapter { path: app_prefix + "xfader_assign.left"  } }
     // Wire { from: surface_prefix + "xfader_assign.right"; to: DirectPropertyAdapter { path: app_prefix + "xfader_assign.right" } }

If you use anybodies mod, you may have to hunt for the control assignments in a different file. The names of the sliders (xfader_assign.left/right) will be the same.

Please use notepad++ or a similiar editor.

EDIT: I think you can just use the controller editor to overmap the sliders, just like buttons. You could assign functions to them that you never use. For simplicity, just overmap them with an unused modifier. Don't forget to check 'override'.